I figured I'd start a thread on the food shelves

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Cruisin Sloth, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

image1. image2. image3. image4.

This is our village Food Store !
    Sloth
    Edit add !
    Im driving to the little smoke (hub city mid island ) and visit a Costco and a few more box stores to get the basic stuff, WE never buy processed foods , just basic sugar,and the rest.
    I'll filling up the larder for a 4 year war.
    Sloth

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Gator 45/70, john316 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

We made a trip today to the store. Fresh chicken area was empty, rest of the meat area looked OK.
    Fresh produce, especially citrus, was quite skimpy.
    Most shelves fairly full, or at least items pulled to the front to make it look that way.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I would say that our local stores have sporadic shortages.
    Some weeks it's sugar, other times it's bread, right now it's pasta. Paper products was a couple weeks back.
    I have noticed that our stores have pretty much stopped the 10 for 10 sales.
    I haven't bought ground meat from a store in years as a local farmer processes a steer or two every few months. Grab 50 pounds and drop it into the deep freeze pull out when needed.
    Smoked pork products have been hit or miss and we always load up when it's available whether or not we need it.

Gator 45/70, Brokor and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  4. Was in 2 different Costcos last weekend on the West Coast north of the 49th. Both were bursting at the steams with everything. Smaller grocery stores had some empty shelves. Prices were out of this world for some basics.

Godspeed

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Saw the same in Everett Washington yesterday and Marysville Winco .
    A few light but not as JB video ^^^^ i posted ..Back in Canukland today .
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

A lot of instances of our preferred items in short supply or not available, but lower quality substitutes still shelved. Also saw quite a few items fronted on shelves with little stock behind them.
    Actually some good deals on a few meats...last week pork rounds for .88/lb...this week spiral cut ham for .88/lb.
    Not looking good folks, and like was mentioned in Sloth's OP video now is the time to get what you need...if you can.

Gator 45/70, Brokor and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Thank You , Just don't want to be telling , just HINT ! Sir
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Shortages are not terrible here and as Visu said the things that are in short supply seem to be on a rotation and always changing. The one thing constant is YOU ARE GOING TO PAY PREMIUM PRICES.

More concerning to me are other things that there are constant shortages of. Tractor Parts, Small Engine Parts, Propane Tanks, Oxygen/Acetylene Tanks, hand tools, power tools, Parts for industrial machinery, Home Appliances are still real hit and miss..... in particular chest freezers 24cuft or bigger, Brass Fittings and valves, O rings...... took 2 damn months to find some that would fit my hydraulic cylinders on a machine! Never before has a shipment of my WM Band Blades been delayed........ the last case of 25 I ordered took 6 weeks longer to arrive than they should have "Due to Material Shortages"

Food and Grocery Stores are the most Obvious and therefore where the most effort is being put to maintain the illusion that everything is OK. Lots of not so obvious things are as scarce as hens teeth.

If you look close at most of the shelves in stores they are not *Stocked* they are faced with minimal product to appear to be well stocked.

Folks we are in trouble and the illusions that pacify the masses are not going to be able to be maintained much longer. Things are fundamentally broken in the cogs of the production and supply chain that can't just be fixed.

9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Our Walmart consistently has the beef section of the meat cooler very low on any cuts

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I wonder if anyone has noticed, but Pot Pies are sure getting smaller, these days... and Beef Pot Pies are just about Non-Existent in stores... I guess the Beef Production facilities are just not getting that into the production Pipeline...

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

a bit further North than Sloth - ion the land of the Frozen Liberal (Los Anchorage)

[​IMG]

Ura-Ki, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Companies have reduced he size on everything while charging the same or more I wonder if that is factored into inflation smaller size cost the same

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I can hear CNN saying "That freezer was 87% smaller last year."

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have no fear men, I have it on good word there's plenty of Valintine candy for you're sweetheart this year!

Ura-Ki and SB21 like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bad news men, Tatar tots and Curley fries are slim pickings, Fritos have been a beast to acquire unless your following the Frito truck. Its almost as bad as TP 2 years ago,
    Real crab claw meat is priced like caviar.

Ura-Ki, SB21 and VisuTrac like this.
  16. VisuTrac

Have you seen how much smaller the package is now and how much more the price is compared to even 2 years ago? Yeah, we don't buy Fritos anymore. We just get the standard tortilla chips anymore, none of the specialties like fritos, cheetos, doritos that we loved so much.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Those corporate bastards have been slowly downsizing everything over the years.
    Finding a real hamburger has been a challenge fo 30 years...lol
    The crabclaw meat 34.00 for 16 ozs, I pass

18. VisuTrac

Find a farmer that sells quarters and halves. You will never buy 'fresh' meat from a grocer (at least not like it) ever again.
    I brought pork chops to Knob Creek to share one year. Those that were in attendance might agree as well.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yes indeed, The boy and I bought a young cow that couldn't breed, Went in half with him last year, Mighty fine beef !

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  20. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Been wanting to do the same thing

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7