I figured I'd start a thread on the food shelves

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Cruisin Sloth, Jan 19, 2022.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Why would any one care about the price of junk food?

2. Sobospider

Sobospider Monkey

Shrinkflation, and at the Anchorage Carr's market the other day I noticed 100s of bright yellow "sale" tags that were just a few cents cheaper than the previous regular price. The new regular price as much as 30% higher than before the "sale"
    Poultry, pasta and milk are sporadically sold out, but I think that has more to do with the periodic barge shipment cycle and people "just in case" buying extra than their normal amount.

271951608_1052487571967241_2467224675700753561_n.

SB21, CaptainCalamity and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Washington DC food shortages.

War looming with Russia...

'Allies' China and Russia are ganging up on America

and Joe falling asleep

Seriously, if you don't have enough food to get you (and everyone you will have to feed) through at least a year, you need to get going.

Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

img - 2022-01-24T192608.623.

5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I sell auto parts a couple day a week at a mom and pop local parts store. Filters, get them while you can. We are going to secondary suppliers to find filters for common cars and truck. Tractor stuff is getting tuff to find. The rep told us that even if the filters are made in the USA the media is from China and stuck in the supply back log. We are also coming up short on motor oil Were told a local dealer was buying from local stores so that can do oil changes.
    The are has a lot of logging and heavy equipment. Are being told that hydraulic fittings are also coming up short.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. Anyone else having trouble finding spices on Canada's Wet Coast. Shelves are looking pretty bare at some of the big stores?

Godspeed

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. YVR region.

Godspeed

8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@CaptainCalamity
    Im XQU AO
    Sloth

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Actually the regular grocery stores are pretty full here in fly over country. Some missing items in walmart but I don’t like going in there any more than necessary anyway.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and magicfingers like this.
  10. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Seems like odd things are out here. A giant section of the freezers that normally have tater tots, fries. Medicated shampoo. Juice aisle was pretty bare. No Duke’s mayo. Also, no deli counter due to lack of employees.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. VisuTrac

Hit our local Meijers.
    I always scan the pharmacy area. completely stocked. Everything for cold and flu, not fronted but stacked. It appears that Omicron has finished up with my AO. Previous 3 weeks ... that section was wiped out.

Fresh meat counter had butcher and was stocked (beef and pork a plenty)
    except fresh chicken and fish (only catfish and tilapia) no salmon, no trout, no cod.
    Plenty of hams and bacon but bacon at 9 bucks a pound is gonna stay there.
    NO Sausage of any kind .... all gone .. with the exception of the veggie based sausage 2 complete 2 row 24 foot cooler displays empty.

plenty of fruit and veg.

breakfast cereals was hammered. looked like only the generic/store brand remains in any quantity.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Would yall perhaps be in the upcoming killer blizzard country?

CraftyMofo likes this.
  13. VisuTrac

Yeah, but they won't be cleaning out the store until tonight ;)
    I'm actually glad to see the cold and flu aisle stocked. Omicron has been brutal here in the past few weeks. Basically hit everyone i know around here. Stores were short staffed for weeks due to it.
    Seems most of us are back to work now.

I do however like to see the 'Blizzard Rush' who in the hell is going to drink 3 gallons of milk, two loaves of bread and two dozen eggs in a 3 day storm? There aren't too many of those folks out here in the sticklets. Mostly city slickers that haven't had a few good winters under their belts. Snow plow will come by Friday .. you can survive until friday.

Only thing we did different is move the wood closer to the house (or in the house).
    we are suppose to get 9-13 inches so we are actually going to get either 4- or 18+

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Yessir, local weatherman says 11-13 inches of global warming coming!!
    Just last week Mrs Crafty asked whether we were going to get any snow this year. Lol.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Im heading out with Capt & MJR on Thursday , I'll take Pix
    @CaptainCalamity What are you looking for in spices ?
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. All good friend it appears I stashed a couple of costco size powdered chili in my crawl space stash. Seems I have a very good memory just short.
    Godspeed.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Went to grocery store yesterday. In normal times the shelves are at 100% capacity. There may be one or two items that they are out of but for the most part they have everything.

Since Biden the grocery store shelves have been at roughly 75% in my town.

Since the last 2 weeks the shelves are at 50% stocked capacity.

Who's ready to starve to death?

Oil prices have been around $400 to fill my tank. This month it is almost $1000.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Natural gas prices have doubled from this time last year.

enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

Something most of you won't see medical gas parts I am maintenance in a hospital. A lot of stuff is taking 4-8 month to get I have hose reels and a plastic cover for a valve box that are 8 months ordered and I'm still waiting. The plates behind the bed that are similar to switch covers .... $400 plus each. We have regulators these are med gas certified and cleaned $500-600 they are the same Norgren regulators we used in the auto industry that cost $80. The major thing that is keeping us out of a jam is that we took down a building . We stripped everything that we could clean and rebuild out of that building

20. VisuTrac

Our local Meijers was stocked fully stocked on saturday afternoon.
    I made a goal of walking down every aisle in grocery, pharmacy and automotive.
    Yep. Loaded. Not just fronted.
    Only place that was light was the refridgerated bagels and those exploding cans of biscuits. That section was a ghost town.

enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7