I fought for you

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by tacmotusn, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think he is trying to convey that depleted uranium is radioactive. Well, it is. VERY low level to the extent of negligible. However, it is toxic, being a heavy metal. Further deponent sayeth not, I'd say it is fear mongering that has ol' Bane fired up.

His continuous questioning and overstatements seem to me to point to pot stirring rather than a proper debate with references that can be checked. Sounds to me like that bra burner from the 60s and 70s that would only rant and not listen to answers.

[stirpot]

Sapper John likes this.
  2. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

So called "depleted" uranium is still highly radioactive and dangerous...especially when it's in the ground, underground waters, soil and then in the food people grow in that soil! And no, it's not negligible! We have also quite few testimonies from people (farmers, game wardens, sheep hearders), who witnessed US helicopters dropping large containers and barrels in quite few lakes! Lot of US military planes landed on our airports badly shot and damaged, but since they couldn't risk landing with all the ammo attached, they dumped the ammo in our lakes before landing! We found dozens of radio beacons distributed all over the country, and all next to our lakes!
    References that can be checked? About what I wrote previously?
    Anyone needs me to post references about 9/11? Do you want references about casualties and "collateral damage" victims? About torture prisons?
    What do you need references for? And what would be for you a believable source? Govt? Scientists? Eye witnesses?
    If anyone wants to play naive, go right ahead, fine by me...and I'm not pot stirring. I only state my opinions and my agreeing or disagreeing with some issues. I do listen to answers, and I respond according to my opinions.
    No one can force me to accept, for me, illogical and false information, no matter how many times media regurgitates it...
    I may be ranting, but at least I'm good at it!

P.S...How is this as reference?
    http://www.projectcensored.org/top-...-defense-is-the-worst-polluter-on-the-planet/

 Depleted uranium: Tens of thousands of pounds of microparticles of radioactive and highly toxic waste contaminate the Middle East, Central Asia, and the Balkans.
     US-made land mines and cluster bombs spread over wide areas of Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East continue to spread death and destruction even after wars have ceased.
     Thirty-five years after the Vietnam War, dioxin contamination is three hundred to four hundred times higher than “safe” levels, resulting in severe birth defects and cancers into the third generation of those affected.
     US military policies and wars in Iraq have created severe desertification of 90 percent of the land, changing Iraq from a food exporter into a country that imports 80 percent of its food.
     In the US, military bases top the Superfund list of the most polluted places, as perchlorate and trichloroethylene seep into the drinking water, aquifers, and soil.
     Nuclear weapons testing in the American Southwest and the South Pacific Islands has contaminated millions of acres of land and water with radiation, while uranium tailings defile Navajo reservations.
     Rusting barrels of chemicals and solvents and millions of rounds of ammunition are criminally abandoned by the Pentagon in bases around the world.

Is this acceptable as reference?

Cheers!

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Bane, do please post all the "9-11 Inside Job" references you want - I enjoy reading fiction.......

I served ten years, but don't march or outwardly show any 'flag-waving'. If others don't 'get it' regarding the military and those who serve, fine. Free world - because We Served. Nuff said.

4. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

LOL...you enjoy reading fiction...your mind is already made up, so, you don't really need references...Nuff said...
    Oh, and thanks for the free world... :D

Cheers!

5. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Bane, really, I don't know where to start. Maybe I should start with a question- do you even know what we use depleted uranium for? Do you think we use it in bombs?

Also, why would helicopters have to drop ammo? They have no problem landing anywhere.

Do you really think modern military munitions are so unstable that we can't landed a limping aircraft with them on-board........wow.

Have you seen the news lately? AQ doesn't want America... they want any country that doesn't subscribe to it's view of an Islamic caliphate. Seen this?
    Terrorist plot in Europe revealed - The Boston Globe

As for your "reference"..... I think they may have a bit of an agenda. For example, their "opinion" on IZ and food production is way off. As previously mentioned, I do have a bit of personal experience there. There's been a drought there for the last 10 years. There is no end in sight. Food production is near impossible with dry stream beds. Maybe you should get out of your shell a bit quit reading crazies' postings on the internet.

The issue here is you clearly don't know Americans. About everything you know from Americans you go from online forums written by people who would benefit by America not being around.... your government included.

As a side note, I agree with your isolationist policy for America. I think we should drop huge dime into alternative energy, pull out of the ME, leave the UN to "police" the world on its own. That way next time you and your neighbors decide to have a civil war, it can finish it on its own while the UN "is trying to decide whether to intervene". We will call it natural selection of the Balkans.

6. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Yes I know, and since they were shooting "tanks" and "military vehicles" all over Kosovo, they flooded it with DU ammo! As for the dangers and effects of DU ammo, just google and see!

WHO | Depleted uranium

The helicopters didn't dump ammo in the lakes, they were dumping containers and barrels...And we still dont know what was in them!

I don't know how stable or unstable modern ammo is, but I know for sure that pilots had orders to dump all ammo before landing! We had that on the news...That was also their answer when media asked them about the beacons all over the country!

As for US non-mingling in other countries business, Balkans had their wars for the past 15 centuries! And yes, no one should intervene! Our wars are our problem! I completely agee with the last part of your post... :)

Cheers!

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I agree with both of y'alls last statements - if the US Goobermint would STOP trying to be the World Police and stop intervening in other nation's problems, we COULD use our military for what they really should be doing - guarding our borders against invasion. We need to get quit of the UN , and stop funding their madness - they would fold inside a year - then the Third World could address it's own troubles in it's own way..... kill one another.
    With our technology, we COULD be totally independent of MidEast oil, and let them pound sand.
    No reason our Big Oil companies could not be Big Solar and Big Wind..... wait, that last is in DC....... :D

8. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

AMEN!

9. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

but how else will we conquer new markets for international business interests?

also, that yugoslav railgun, man. its not like you were gonna use it ti imperialize anyone. we _needed_ those blueprints.

[​IMG]

10. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

[rofllmao]

11. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I thought this applied:

Court Grants Temporary Order to Block Oklahoma From Shariah Amendment - FoxNews.com

"They" will stop at nothing. Luckily, we still have enough sense to block such measures. Britain has already instated 5 Sharia courts for Muslims based on Sharia law.

oops..... just found this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hing-spread-Islamic-justice-closed-doors.html

Closer to 85 behind closed doors.....

What I find interesting is the "intimidation" used to enforce the court decisions.... sounds remarkably familiar if you have visited the 3rd world Middle East....... the tribal system. "I am in charge here regardless of the legitimate government. Anyone who stands in the way will be 'taken care of'." Most Americans can equate it to a mobster-type influence. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A sobering thought

Hispeedal. I don't underestimate the magnitude, and the gross deprivation of the human liberty of 2,700 or more citizens of the world. Although the majority of people obliterated were American, the offence against humanity was against many citizens of many countries around the world. There was absolutely no justification for what was done whatsoever, and I applaud the courage of all those who tried to save those who were in great peril. Some survived but many did not. 2,700 lives lost in three locations at virtually the same time, in absolutely appalling circumstances at the hands of terrorists had an enormouse impact not only in the United States, but around the world.

But in the year 2006, in one country, over a duration of some 365 days, some 31,000 died, and some 200,000 incurred non fatal injuries. Statistically it pales 2,700 lives into insignificance. Some surrendered their freedom as citizens willingly and some unwillingly......the country....The United States of America.

Every life is precious....every one of the 2,700 lives were precious to them, their families and to the ones they loved and who loved them....the 31,000 who died at their own hands...or at the hands of others by gunshot injury, lost their freedom also. That they didn't die at the hands of terrorists does not dimminish their loss either.

2,700 lives is a great loss, but ought to be kept in perspective of the even greater American death toll at the hands of their own citizens....EVERY YEAR.

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Chelloveck, I will be putting you on ignore. You understand nothing of American's, yet you interject yourself in conversations like the elitists we presently have in our Executive branch of goverment. A government that many of us are merely tolerating. Our second amendment is very dear to us, and for you to push an agenda contrary to it, is tatamount to walking into a holy place and urinating on the altar during a service. Your first signature line contradicts you sir. You should remove it. You are a fake and you insult me. Good day and good bye.

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Chell so what you are saying is that 16,883 people committed suicide, criminals where responsible for 12,791 deaths and only 642 deaths where because of accidents.... hmmm with a country of 308 million thats 0.000000208% of the population vs 0.000000989% deaths on 9/11 obviously the terrorist deaths are more significan... (1999 population 273,000.000 us census bureau)

Australia had 0.000005998% of it's population die by falls... does that mean that Australia should ban walking? (Australian bureau of Statistics)

As long as there hve been rock and sticks people have been killing themselves and others... as long as man has walked men have died in falls... comparing terrorist attacks against suicides and individual unrelated murders is the equalivent of what i've tried to do here... Guns stats vs australian causes of death... as one who deals in Statisrtics on a daily basis there are too many fallacies in your argument to give it other than a passing glance

That being said i still respect your views on other subjects...

15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hmm, how's that gun control working out for you mate?

Let's see;

Britain, Australia Top U.S. In Violent Crime

...although lawmakers responsible for passing the ban promised a safer country, the nation's crime statistics tell a different story:

Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent.

In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent.

In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily.

There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

Don't trust WND. Ok how about your own media

Firearm murder rate drops, knives main weapon - National - smh.com.au

Firearm murder rate drops, knives main weapon

Firearms deaths have nearly halved but...However, in 2006-07 six times as many people in NSW died from injuries inflicted by hand and feet, than by guns. And knives have long since overtaken guns as the main murder weapon Australia-wide, the data showed.

However, 93 per cent of all firearms used in murders were unlicensed and unregistered. Nearly half of all those who murdered with a gun had a prior criminal record, as did more than a third of the victims.

Mr Kelly conceded that police did not expect "the criminal element to be handing in all their sawn off shotguns".

Duh! You think?

Mr O'Farrell called for tougher penalties for knife crimes
    "Police are looking at ways to increase getting knives off the street as well," he said.

Don't get too attached to that Kabar mate!

When I asked an Aussie I worked with about the gun ban he proceeded to tell me what a good price the government gave him for his grandfathers WWll revolver that he had to turn in. Pathetic.

Sapper John likes this.
  16. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

It's in vogue to be anti-American.... didn't you guys hear? [fnny]

Anyways.... as for murderers, I believe they should be dealt with in the same fashion I believe threats to our freedoms should be dealt with. Sucides.... I can't really help you there.

I do believe that your statistics are a bit skewed. Pick some stats that weren't made by the Brady campaign.

If you want to find stats that a bit more scientific, you may want to check out the FBI Universal Crime Report:
    Violent Crime - Crime in the United States 2009

Denote that as firearms ownership has increased to an all time high, an assault weapon's ban has ended, and the judicial branch of government has finally started to affirm the right which already existed violent crime has actually decreased to lows not seen since 1970-something.

Meanwhile, "sword sprees" are popping up in all the Commonwealth countries which should be an indicator that an object doesn't spurn human behavior.....

Anyways, I think banning automobiles will save more lives than chasing Al Queada and banning all guns, sharp instruments, and weapons combined.

Sapper John likes this.
  17. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Ok I'll bite and give the pot a stir.

Can you elaborate on the date? Was it the early 1970's This would correlate to a foreign war. So violent crime at home drops during time of war? Hmmmmm We have a big foreign war now too and the crime rate is low. Interesting.

Maybe we should keep Bush's great escapade going indefinitely, just make sure to not let up on the waivers.

By the way, you didn't fight for me. Not once did someone on a battlefield say, or think, I'm going over the top for Slugomist. What Seacowboys said, is spot on.

How long after 9/11 did the real threat to my freedom become enacted?
    cough patriot cough act my butt.

18. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

This seems to indicate that it's pre-70s levels...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ncsucr2.gif

I agree on the Patriot Act. Don't let my beliefs about Islamic Extremist shed light on my political standing one bit. I couldn't disagree more with the last White House tenant or the current tenant.

And....

You are welcome. I know you didn't ask, but I did fight just for you SLugomist. I know a few others that did as well. They won't be able to tell you themselves. Maybe you will think about them this Thursday?

That's the thing about serving for this country- 2% fight for the other 98%, yet the other 98% doesn't appreciate the freedoms they exercise to ridicule and belittle the sacrifice.

19. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

You actually thought of slugomist before you engaged an enemy of my freedom here in the USA?

Come on, really?

really?

Really really?

Tell me the story of when you did this heroic, selfless act.

20. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

It seems you have completely missed the point. I am no hero. The heroes are the ones who's sacrifice you have belittled.

Think of them today Slugomist. They did not die in vain. They did die at the hands of an enemy whom would gladly dispatch you for unwillingness to convert. If you can't make that connection, I really feel sorry for how comfortable you have become here 6,000 miles away from reality.

[flag]

Luckily in the future, someone you don't know will take an oath to defend your comfort.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7