I Give Us (SM) an "F" as in "Fail"... told you some will not like it

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bear, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

What kind of sword do you use Hanzo?

Hanzo likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My knife was in the tent at the time. I only had my Surefire flashlight. And that light within a foot of its eyeball did zero.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Are you saying I am dead and just dreaming of SM?

Tully Mars, KAS and Ganado like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Was at work today and realized that although I have a toolbox with a couple thousand dollars of good tools, I had used my less than perfect but on my belt leatherman tool at least 15 times. Opened boxes and plastic bags, cut wire ties and such with the small knife, picked up screws with the pliers, held nuts with the pliers. trimmed insulation with the sizzers, tightened a loose screw in a wall plug with the inadequate screwdriver, trimmed and filed a broken fingernail and I don't know what else. What do you find hard to get thru the day with out? Leatherman, Fluke meter and good Stanley thermos of coffee are right up there with my useful needs of the day.

5. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i always need help holding deezzz nuttssss....

Hanzo and Brokor like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha @TXKajun ,

Funny you mentioned that tactical wheelbarrow.... I have one of these that I ordered from the mainland years ago... yes it was a "need" and not a "want"... won't go into that unless someone is interested... and I thankfully never used it... well it's time for this to head off to another home for someone who either needs or wants a tool like this...

It's a take down EZ Load Game Cart... google it and you'll find the site... very good piece of kit IMHO... and worth every penny... priced out the materials and the time... and the design... shipping was more than the cart but like I said... it was worth it and it fit my need perfectly....

Just finished sanding down and putting 3 coats of flat brown Rustoleum on this puppy....

Anyway... thought I would share what a $430 "Tactical Wheel Barrow" looks like ;).... may give folks some ideas or a resource....

Thanks ...

Have a great day!

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

DSCF9097.JPG

DSCF9098.JPG

DSCF9102.JPG

DSCF9080.JPG

DSCF9088.JPG

Hanzo, Motomom34, duane and 3 others like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Is the armor plating still drying, or in the next set of photos?;)

Brokor, Hanzo and Bear like this.
  8. Bear

Shhhhhhh @kellory ...... the super honeycomb bainite plates and the optional remote 12 speed gyroscopic hydrogen power drive, gimbaled multi platform mounts and thermal and light amplification / laser guidance systems will only be shown to potential buyers .... ;)

Tully Mars, oldawg, duane and 5 others like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So you saying the depleted uranium armor was only optional?

kellory, Ganado and Bear like this.
  10. Bear

Lol @Hanzo that old technology is too heavy for this... now if you want the hand held orbital tungsten projectile guidance and delivery systems... specify your desired megaton yield... and oh.... that's gonna be a few bucks more ;)
    I would offer the twin sync laser cannons.. but I lost them in a tragic boating accident..LOL

Tully Mars, oldawg, kellory and 5 others like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

...he actually owns a tactical wheelbarrow. :whistle:

I just...can't get over this. ;)

12. duane

duane Monkey+++

Sir! Restrain yourself and bow. He owns "THE ULTIMATE TACTICAL WHEELBARROW" and is kind enough to let us plebs admire it from afar, mainland that is, tripple redundant wheels and all.

Bear, Ganado, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I'm bettin gunkid is drooling himself to death about now.

Brokor, Sapper John, Bear and 5 others like this.
  14. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

Confucius say; Man without tools, is not man, not even monkey, for even monkeys make tools.

IE; Knowledge without action equals misery... cold, wet, uncomfortable, hungry, thirsty... which is the same as; Stupid.

If there is 'evolution', then, Mama Nature screwed up with us man critters. Evidently, she says we needed to be without fur, to motivate us to use our brains. Either that, or, we, are not the product of 'evolution' in the standard sense, but something more 'creative'.

That being said, more of us live by the tools of others, than our own.

Bear, Ganado, kellory and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Remind me not to loan my tools to ya ;)

Bear and bagpiper like this.
  16. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Bear, that is awesome!

Bear and Ganado like this.
  17. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

Well, I know you mean that in jest... but, since the focus of this thread, I thought, was more philosophical, it was meant to be a statement on our society in general, as in; losing the skills of tool making/using and such skill sets, have been centralized away from most households, and most of us depending on 'manufacturers' in far distant lands. Something, I think, those with wisdom see, is not a good thing.
    If working with less tools and more knowledge is good, then, is not being able to work with tools at all, the greatest thing?
    Only if you're a freaking liberal loon Elite bent on turning us into a nation of functional idiots by destroying the 'rugged individual' culture.

Bear and Ganado like this.
  18. Aeason

Aeason Monkey

I am the new guy here so please correct me if you think my reasoning is off. I have been prepping for years and didn't know, I love old technology and as far back as 30+ years bought books a lot of them from Lindsay publication I wish was still in businesses. The knowledge I got from them is priceless now,but back to what you were saying I try to prep for surviving the first wave of when TSHTF and have tools for making things for barder when things settle down ,also a seed bank, would rather give seeds to people than have to feed them and use up my survival food and everyone will have to get back to the way it was when my parents were growing up.

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Aeason you are right on target, we are just teasing @Bear he is a very talented metal worker (and sour dough bread scientist) ;)[LMAO]

Motomom34 and Bear like this.
  20. Aeason

Aeason Monkey

I always believe I can learn more, something from almost anyone. I am working off a smartphone as I don't have internet at home and don't have time to go to town for WiFi and I am not that computer savvy, y'all keep talking I'll keep listening

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7