I guess the question is: "What is he training for?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Sep 3, 2011.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Maybe to stand at the Polls at the next election?

3. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

basic self defense techniques?

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Several black people I do know, have an idea of what is coming.
    As such, they have taken steps to align themselevs with some of us "OLDER WHITE VETERAN MALES" that are not duped. I like my friends and appreciate their colors...regardless of where they come from. Now some have called me biased, prejudiced, and a few more names...Those that really know me, know I'm not that way at all and will defend them as I would my own family.
    This is sad...At first it looked like an Al Qaeda training session or somewhere in Somalia.

5. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

I'm having a problem having a problem with what this guy is doing.

Please allow me to clarify . .

For starters; I turned the sound off while I watched the videos. In a "confrontation" noise doesn't matter, actions do.

Next, virtually everything I saw was reactionary. He is going to have a very hard time getting in front of, or interrupting an aggressor's OODA loop, using what he is demonstrating.

With that said . . .

He is teaching how to kill attacking sheep. He is teaching how to get killed by a sheepdog.

You know what that means, right? See the implication(s) there?

I'll give you #1 on that list:
    1) Sheep seldom attack.

Yeah, I'm having a real problem having a problem with this guy.

6. Espada

Espada Monkey+

Turn the sound back on.

"BLACK POWER !"

90 % of blacks in this country don't have a clue that they constitute 12 % of the population... watch TV programs and ads, and anybody'd think it was 60 %, and they do think that.

Nothing defensive about any of those attitudes, any more than flashmobs conducting attacks at state fairs or public beaches yelling "Kill Whitey !" is defensive.

7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I have a problem with any group no matter if they are black, white, yellow, red etc that dislikes others based entirely on their skin color.

mrrk1562, Mountainman, beast and 3 others like this.
  8. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Maybe I have a warped perspective. Wouldn't surprise me.

But I couldn't care less what he is saying - I care what he is doing as it relates to my personal safety.

And what this guy is doing is teaching his "followers" how to get . . . the threat they pose ended, by people like me.

I'm fine with that. Afterall this is America - he has the freedom to make that choice. [dunno]

mrrk1562 and STANGF150 like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Defense against an armed assailant.... okay, I have no problem with that. I will NOT be closing to do that to anyone.

A 3-9X40 makes it unnecessary....... [peep]

Sapper John likes this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As a civilian being able to justify being "proactive rather reactive" with lethal force is difficult. We are the law abiding people so we will always be the ones being attacked, or walking in on a robbery etc.
    An exception, a bud's wife had a woman who was just been raped run unto her for help.

Other than shooting raiding raccoons or squirrels colonizing my house there aren't many times when I'd use a firearm proactively.
    I live surrounded by a park and gamelands so I have had lost people knock on my door. Yes, most certainly I have condition one firearm; however, they will never see it. Plus the Pitts always get their attention.

Opinionated, Falcon15 and BTPost like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Training is more for your mind, than your muscles. The decisions you need to make, need to be made long before, the situation presents itself. Are you going to Carry, and if Yes, what for? Are you able to use that Deadly Force, for the protection of Yourself, your Family, and others, without having that use, destroy your own personality. Just what level of threat, triggers your response of the use of Deadly Force? When these questions are settled, and well considered, than you can be confident of being able to act, when the situation requires. .... YMMV....

beast, Falcon15 and STANGF150 like this.
  12. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I happen to think that him placing his little snub nosed revolver in to a holster meant for a large frame automatic was pretty cute...Our tax dollars at work...sheesh!

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I think many of you have missed the point of this video in relation to my question.

Let me clear this up as to my intentions: I don't think anyone on this board would begrudge a man for wanting to hone his defensive skills and teach others the same. Moreover, I agree completely that a man's actions should define him, not his skin color.

I think, however, many of you see a black person and go into immediate "I'm not a racist" mode, and re-actively give the benefit of the doubt. Just like a left-wing journalist, you would not do the same if this video had members of the White Aryan Resistance showing kids engaged in hand-to-hand combat maneuvers.

Skin color was not the point. Replace this political group--"Black Panthers," with members of WAR, or Hizb ut-Tahrir al-Islami, PLO, or Janjaweed, would you have the same patriarchal reaction?

Does the skin color blind you to the teacher's connection to the political group? How probable is it that a member of the Black Panthers, at a Black Panther event, would be teaching self-defense classes for the coming collapse of society...to learn to defend themselves against the sheeple?

To put another way, how likely is that a WAR self-defense course's goal would be to defend against the masses in the coming apocalypse?

So again, as a representative of a political group that is most likely anti-American, what's he training for? Defense, or is his aim offensive. Who cares what color he is?

You can't ignore the political association just because of a person's skin color.

beast and Sapper John like this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Balanced abilities to protect yourself is important; unarmed, edged or firearms. I used to surf a lot of BBS sites until fortunately I stumbled on this one. I noticed that too many people sound as if the firearm is the only means they have for protection which isn't good.

beast and BTPost like this.
  15. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

What that man was teaching is for "da Hood" However, as he was a racist I didn't watch long.

Too much school book "assume the position" which not much good for fast exchanges of gunfire.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

To tell the truth, I'm far less interested in what HE is training for, but for the indoctrination of the kids and whoever else was there.

17. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Tikka, I think the only place we differ on this is semantically.

While I realize the possibility exists that all my training has been flawed, the fact still remains that one of the few things that has held consistent across all the different trainers and their methodologies is that:

"Once the decision is made to engage - get aggressive."

ie; we surely must start out defensively. That is the law of the land. The "natural state of being" is threat assessment and situational awareness are the tools active every minute of every day . . or, well, OK, these are things we should strive for.

Once "the threat" presents and we have made the decision that engagement is the best course of action, do not wait any longer. We shift from defensive to actively aggressive - we end the threat - we do not wait for the threat to end.

Thus, the rationality behind my position that what this guy is teaching is GREAT STUFF. Regardless of his REAL intent, he isn't teaching aggressive skills. That is . . . a mistake.[dunno]

18. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I walk with a cane and have for many years now.
    Anything that can not be handled with the cane I have the carry. I have never had to use carry .

Tikka and Sapper John like this.
  19. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Not one of my proudest moments. But illustrative enough to be worth eating a little crow (again).

In junior high school there was a kid named Tracy Anderson. His mother was our bus driver.

I was a very big kid, 5'11" and 210 pounds the first day of junior high school. And somewhat of a bully (we were on triple sessions and had race wars - being a bully had its benefits). For whatever reason, one day I decided that picking on Tracy - who had two crutches because his legs were completely and totally non functional - was a good idea.

Tracy darned near beat me to death. I mean that kid put a hurting on me I have not forgotten and never will. That taught me several lessons. Not the least of which was never underestimate someone with a cane or on crutches. EVER.

Anyway, perhaps not surprisingly, Tracy and I wound up being the very best of friends. Hey, I may be slow, but I'm not stupid. (y)

beast, Cephus and Sapper John like this.
  20. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Which is why a picture is worth 10,000 words. ;)

Agreed but it is still reactive. Proactive aggression would mean leading the gang bangers into an alley so you can kill them.

In a gunfight usually first hit or hits win; so why the sitting position? Maybe he has the time.. lol Anyhow, I didn't watch much of it. To me, an aggressive response would mean a lethal response to a life threat.

Infantry assaults the ambushers which is real class A aggression; however, in civilian life very few are quite that aggressive.

Trust me, the only mistake is losing.

The art of the stick? ;) Kendo with a stick works quite well.

I hike with a stick myself.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7