I hate cowards.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by savindude, May 25, 2009.

1. savindude

savindude Monkey++

Went to a business this past week to correct some computer issues ( my job), was talking to this guy who went into great detail about how he avoided the draft during Vietnam era. He kept going for new degrees and wasn't ashamed to admit that if necessary he would have fled to Canada. I was only a kid back then, but being that I am a veteran and having an older brother who went in military in 60s, he really pi$$ed me off, but I had to be pleasant, because he is a customer. He was so proud of himself and his ingenuity. Coward.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Some customers are not worth having. I'll spare the rant.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

As a Vietnam Vet, I can only wonder, do any of those that chose to go to Canada, or become C/O's, ever have bad dreams?
    I wonder if these individuals can see themseleves as a whole person, without guilt or having an inner voice reminding them of their acts?
    I wonder.....
    I have seen some consider suicide, in a drunken stupor, and others try to end their lives by the use of drugs, in a 'war' or 'combat' situation.
    I cannot speak for them, we are all individuals and have our own stories.
    I can say this: I am glad I went, I served with honor, and I did my job as well as it could be done.
    I went from a PUP to a grown man in just a matter of hours....
    It is sad, that so many today will never know the sacrifices, and the meaning, or concept of what it is to be a man.
    There were some that could not go, due to medical or other reasons, and that is far more acceptable to those that did serve.
    Personally, I could not look at myself in a mirror, had I chose differently.

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I never knew anybody that went to Canada but I did know some that went college
    for the deferment and even today most of them say that they are ashamed of that fact.

As Dargonfly said I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror had I chose differently .

Welcome home Bro.

5. KCwelder

KCwelder Monkey+++

During the Gulf War (the first one) our company was sending two platoons to pull security and Military Police duty for HHC 7th Corps. 58 soldiers in all, 10 hispanics, 12 blacks and the balance white. Of the 12 blacks, 8 "converted" to Islam two weeks before we were deployed and were replaced by either another white or Hispanic soldier.
    I know cowardice has no racial bounds, but this seems lean heavily that way.
    Just my experience. Your milage may vary.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

How many caucasians went to canada or the state guards or took deferments?Bush/cheney etc,etc...
    careful inferring a racial component,

7. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Monkey++

I hate cowards too, especially those that attempt to prevent you from doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

And what "jobs" are you "getting done"?? Keifer;...getting coffee from the catering truck between takes?

9. KCwelder

KCwelder Monkey+++

OK maybe I should have left race out of it completely. Or just kept my f'ing mouth shut.

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Your choice:

We have a Code of Conduct (COC) and ask that you please follow these standards. They are as follows:

1. No personal attacks or insults
    . No posts whose intent is to inflame or otherwise provoke anger from another member (Flaming). We don’t mind if you disagree with another member of the board, we just ask that you keep it civil. We understand that in the heat of the moment we all get a little hot. Just try to remember that there is a good possibility somebody’s kid is going to be watching over their parent’s shoulder. We’re adults here so let’s try and act like it.

2. No posting of racial, sexual, political or religious slurs.
    Civil debate on these issues is accepted. Malicious comments on or about them is not. This includes using slurs in your username, title, avatar, and signature line. We are visited by people from different countries, race, religion, males, and females; The staff members reserve the right to edit the above items and remove a members ability to edit them should they refuse to do so when asked.

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I didn't read it the same way you did, T3. I didn't take any offense in KC's statement of his personal experience (complete with disclaimer). The facts in this instance are from his perspective, with numbers to back it up.

I'd love to keep my mouth shut and stay out of this, but I feel pretty strongly that offensive or not; If we all change the truth to make sure not to hurt anyone's feelings, then we aren't really telling a true story anymore, are we? Personally, I'd rather be hurt by the truth than feel good about a lie.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Tracy,I'm not trying to get into it here with welder;perhaps I read it too critically, I'm not going to stir it up by pursuing my reasoning....

Sorry to kill the thread...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7