I have a Cetme, do you???

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Aug 7, 2005.

1. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hey folks, I have one of these rifles and I tend to enjoy it...how about you?

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

sore subject for me

I have bought 2 rifles from a guy and he refuses to send either of them. Or my money back. One was a stainless receiver CETME. [axe]

I like the CETME's history too. Many think it's a cheap H&K knockoff...

I'll get one someday!

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No, but I do have a G3 that hasn't seen much use yet.

Melbo, maybe that drunken dwarf will come up with the goods. If not maybe there needs to be a "dwarf tossing."

4. magnus392

Re: sore subject for me

That ain't cool Melbo...want us to Rough him up? :twisted:

Yeah the fact that H&K is actually the knock off is pretty cool;)

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Howdy, I'm new on this board, and this seems a good thread to make my first post on.
    I got my CETME from a vendor who I've done lots of business with. He's never disappointed me! I love this rifle, it's reliable, accurate and recoil is very managable. If TSHTF, this is the one that I carry.
    cetme_in_her_new_camo_dress_104.

6. melbo

Welcome Seawolf!

Nice. Who did the camo job? [beer]

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome Seawolf. You will like it here, I think. Go ahead and introduce yourself in the Welcome thread so every one can greet you. Is it fair to assume you served or are active now?

8. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Welcome to Survival Monkey Seawolf, what does the designation of "c" denote?

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice CETME. I also like the camo. I don't have a CETME, but neither does Melbo........... ;)

10. melbo

[ROFL]

11. magnus392

Poor Melbo....

12. Seawolf1090

The Modelo C is the basic CETME sporter we all know and love. The earlier 'B' model is seen occasionally, and some fellers have modded their Cs' to look like B's. The later Modelo 'E' is more modernised, and the Modelo 'L' is the latest in .223 caliber. There was some talk awhile back of Century getting in 'L' kits, and maybe making the rifles for us - but this may be smoke. I'd love to have one!
    My rifle's wood was lousy - I think Pedro used the buttstock to pound his tent stakes. Thus, the new paintjob.

Yep, I'm ex-military. Four years USAF then six years USN. [beer]

13. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hey Charlie I got me a cetme SS rec scope mount and 6 mags !! It shoots great out to 800 that's the farthest I shoot it so far !! The wood on it is purfect ,I traded my .445 super for it . I can't shoot it anymore with this wrist and it ain't getting anybetter !!
    Do ya think there will be anymore of these coming in or what ,I'd like to find some cheap ammo that wouldn't blow it up !!!!

14. magnus392

Cephus there seems to be some decent ammo floating around right now, I will keep my ear to the ground about good deals on it for ya:)

I started that savings acct for the next shoot BTW [peep]

15. Seawolf1090

Sadly, there won't be any more cheap CETME rifles. Century ran out of the kits, the last rifles were being made from really worn parts, and the coup de grace: The BATF has banned importing the milsurp barrels. Any rifles built now will have to use US-made barrels, as well as receivers - the cost would be significantly higher. Glad I got mine when I did!
    I was really hoping for the .223 CETMEs, but the BATF ruling pretty well kills that too!
    Dang bastages . . . :evil:

16. magnus392

I got a wide forearm for my CetmeYAY!!! b::

17. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hey old son I got a Cetme and have seen a few in local shops , want me to if there still there ? And hey guess what since I like you I'll actually send it too you LOL !!!!!

18. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

19. Seawolf1090

With 7.62X51 ammo getting steep - even the 'cheapo' milsurp, I have taken steps to begin loading my own. Got a bulk deal on brass - once-fired LC - from Wideners, and got my 150 grain Hornady BT-SP bullets and RG4895 powder (Brit surplus 7.62 powder from Wideners) - made my first loads and tested them a couple weekends ago. Shoots fine in my CETME.
    I need to install an 'ejection buffer' to keep from denting the brass so bad, so I can reload it again. The burn marks from the fluted chamber polish out in the tumbler.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7