I like this! Talking about portable!

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by bnmb, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Pretty cool. I might check that out some day.

I use a different setup for my backpack adventures, custom packed with my own lures and kit and the rod and reels are made by Crystal River:
    DSCF1338.JPG DSCF1339.JPG DSCF1340.JPG DSCF1341.JPG DSCF1342.JPG DSCF1343.JPG

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Nice gear Brokor! Unfortunately, all my gear is for heavy carp and catfish fishing...I have to make that Emmrod stuff...I just need proper wire...

4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I have four Yo Yo's from Cabelas. They are small and fit in any pack. You might not have time to stand there and fish.

Brokor likes this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I have a trot line and enough line & hooks to jug cats if i have any empty jugs around...

6. Volcano

Volcano Monkey+

Have you actually done any fishing -and especially catching with this? Ive had a few "pack rods" over the years and have found it difficult to catch fish with most.. (It might be my fishing skill, I don't know) I do think it looks terrific for 72 hours kit.

7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I have an Emmrod. It's really great for packing along wooded trails to get to your favorite spot. It's only so-so as a rod as you could expect a short rod to be. Their reels suck. Mine was thrown into the bottom of some green water somewhere. I don't think its possible to break the rod.

That cool package with all the trimmings looks interesting.

I have used trotlines and the yo-yos extensively. The yo-yos are slightly more maintenance. They ensure a good hook but cost in weight. A trotline has never failed me, although, you may lose some bait. I won't same one is better than the other- get both.

Jug fishing in a cove is fun too....

8. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

If the wind is right you can attach one end of your trot line to a couple jugs and have the best of both worlds. Watch those hooks when you toss the line and retrieve it.

1. chelloveck
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Bishop
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  6. Bishop
  7. Kruel J
  8. john316