I Voted Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Oct 28, 2016.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I went down to the local polling location late this morning and voted. Yes, I voted for the Donald, but only after quite a bit of soul searching. Sad that he and Hill are the best the U.S. could come up with. I voted Demo to get our current representatives out of DC. They've been in long enough that if they were going to try to do some good, it would be obvious now. We had seven uncontested positions, so no choice but to vote for them. There were several bond approval matters and I voted on 1 to go through, no on the rest. It sure seems like our state government is anxious as all get out to spend MY money on projects. Sheesh.

We had paper ballots with fill-in-the-circle spots to vote. Then it went into a box that electronically validated the ballot. So, actually, I don't know for sure who I voted for. Tinfoil hat time, I know.

Kajun

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well, it's good that you could at least see the ballot paper that you were filling in, regardless of where the votes ended up.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Congrats!! I too sent in my paper ballot to be scanned this week. For me, All the "R's" got the nod and all the initiatives got a NO... save one....

I hope Trump wins like Reagan....

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My ballot was completed the day it arrived and I dropped it in the collection box at CCC the following day. It's probably already been changed to a straight "D" ticket and or shredded by now (jk, maybe...). Hearing lots of reports from people on the radio that they get their mail in ballot kicked back every year for a bad signature and given a four hour window to show up and resolve it.

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Why is it I always end up feeling that Dirty, need a shower now feeling every time I I fill in the dots and drop my mali box?!?!?! I did my last Vote for the State or Orygun, so all the R's got the dot and all measures got a big fat NO! Now what? Did mine get nullified because of duel residency? Or "lost" in the mail? O well, will see what Gov we get this time round!

3M-TA3, Sgt Nambu and Dunerunner like this.
  6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I also dropped mine in the box today. Here they are counted by hand...wait...and the numbers entered in the statewide system where the computer does whatever it is programmed to do with them. At least it means the county clerks/recorders can compare their counties' hand count totals to the final data.

Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Pax Mentis

I think I went yes on a ballot measure...oh yeah, the county one about whether or not to tax retail marijuana sales.
    [stoner]

chelloveck, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

All Republicans vote Nov. 8th.
    Democrats vote Nov. 9th.

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We received mail in ballots but my son who is voting for the first time, wants to go to the polls. He wants the whole experience. So we will be going to a polling site and cast our votes there. I am so happy that a first time voters is really looking forward into partaking in the process.

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I sure do understand him. For me also. It will be the first time in 38 years that I am voting here stateside for a president and not sending it via paper via some Embassy or military base. I've have made sure to vote on everything since I've been back to include getting my 2 cents in at every Townhall or County meeting. Yeah, I understand.

11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I don't vote as your vote don't count--only the representatives vote counts and then its up to the electoral college

Dunerunner likes this.
  12. Bandit99

@marlas1too I don't suppose we could convince you to vote just this one time, could we? If not for yourself then for your friends on this forum? I understand your position. I honestly do but I can't give up hope yet on a election process that is not corrupt but and IF it isn't then we must win and win legally. Besides, a major 'popular vote' might just bring more light on getting this nonsense with the electoral college changed or be the start of it. I do understand the reason for the electoral college back in the 1700s but find it to be ridiculous now in the 21st century. You do know that most states vote their electoral college as how the populous of the state voted and some states even have it in their Constitution that they must? But, I agree, it is ridiculous and impedes the citizen more than helps and frankly there is no longer a reason for it, just another layer of bureaucracy between citizens and their government. But, having said all this, could you not make an exception this once for the need is critical. And, if it is corrupt, well, I will be the first to admit it and apologize for asking.

gundog10, Ura-Ki and Pax Mentis like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Can't have that landslide, shock and awe, unless all us deplorables vote...

I would die for this country, voting is much easier but ranks right up there with the ultimate sacrifice...

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Bandit99

@Dunerunner Hey Dune, How does one know if he/she is a 'deplorable'? I just want to make sure I am touching all the right bases so I can be with my friends here... :) I never heard this until saw @Motomom34 new avatar based on the 'Les Miserables' icon...
    So, am I deplorable? LOL! :)
    Dictionary definition 'deplorable': deserving strong condemnation, deserving censure or contempt : wretched

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. Pax Mentis

Hillary referred to Trump supporters as a "basket of deplorables".

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Bandit99

Ah! Thanks, Pax! Then, yes indeed! I am deplorable... and to think there are baskets of us.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

if they did away with the electoral college and actually counted a paper vote then I think I would vote then as it might be an honest vote---wishful thinking here---yea that will happen

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think you should vote. That is my opinion and all I will say.

3M-TA3 and ghrit like this.
  19. Bandit99

@marlas1too Yes, I also think you should vote. I understand your bitterness. The electoral college is archaic in my mind.

But, I do hope you will vote against Hillary... And, remember, it was much of this type of thinking that won Obama his second term. I am not saying to like it but one needs to do it.

Motomom34 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are so much nicer then I am. IMO don't vote then don't b****. I have heard systems rigged etc but I participate, I do my civic duty.

Dunerunner likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7