Ice Storm Here today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I carry mine 'mexican' most of the time I'm walking around. In the truck, it's under the front console with the butt sticking out towards me. I was still there after I got back up to it after falling 20 times on the ice.

Talked to the shop today. Transfer case is cracked in two. Drive shaft is bent. Clutch plate is bad and the trans looks bad as well. I think the front sway bar is lunched too.

&*(*&*(( insurance company is going to 'prorate' all those parts because of the 180K miles. Bastards

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

That blows what company is that?

3. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I'm with EL on the "ejection" thing..... usually goes very badly. You're lucky to have come out of it so well.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That totally SUCKS!!! But then again, we all know that "insurance" companies are not in the business of paying on claims, but rather collecting premiums!

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

When did you put the little tires on the Ram? Let me guess........for gas mileage?

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

All said and done, the money it'll cost pretty well sets you back to new, more or less. Glad the hurt is only wallet wise. (I know about this recently. Actually cost me bux to scrap the old Ranger.)

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I would imagine that a few of the "ejection" comments have come from flat-landers ;)
    I live with roads that are steep, curvy, and often have 300 to 600 ft drop-offs with no shoulder or guard rails.

In that nano second where I made my decision to depart the truck, I realized I did not know what was next to me and that if a major drop off, I was not about to ride the truck down a hill. backwards. a 10,000 truck only obeys the laws of physics.

Big thanks for all your concern.
    Often, survival is a matter of decisions made in seconds.
    At least I'm glad to learn that I don't freeze in a SHTF sit. I was proactive.

Truck is still in the shop where they are going through it with the adjuster, dreaming up new ways to make me blow my top. :p

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7