Idaho Fallen Hero's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dont, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Many may recognize some of the names here and if you happen to live near where they are buried , give them a visit and show them the respect. I will be.

Medal of Honor - museum.mil.idaho.gov

2. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

State capital has a nice display on the second floor that we took the kids to last Sunday. The military museum here in Boise is worth stopping in to see if you make it down here.

My wife met Ed Freeman on several occasions and had no idea who he was or what he had done. Said he was a nice old man. Needless to say she got educated.

whynot

3. Dont

Been through Boise a lot years ago , but have not been down there in 15 years.. Will have to get there soon.
    We do have some MOH recipients still alive and above all others we vet's should not let them go without curtiously acknowledging them and what they mean to us..

4. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

To say Boise has changed in the last 15 year's would be a gross understatement. Gun museum at the old penitentiary would be worth the drive down alone.

Whynot

5. Dont

Have to plan a bike ride down this next summer.

6. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

Let me know ahead of time and I will buy you a cup of joe.

Whynot

7. Dont

Will do that..

8. Dont

Was talkin with a friend about those that had been awarded the metal. She was relating how there was one up north of here that lives in the hills and is involved in vet issues in the area. A navy Seal. My first thought was I sure would like to meet him. But then the second thought was that he don't need me intruding. Respect!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7