Ideal Survival Rifle

Discussion in 'Survival Articles' started by survivalmonkey, Aug 26, 2005.

1. benine

benine On Hiatus Banned

anyone who can't bicycle 50 miles in 10 hours is one weak fuk. Of course you need a shelter, but the TP is bs after the first few days, You need a handful of grass, or barring that, a smooth rock, a rag, a plastic bag, a bit of soap, and later, hardwood ashes. You got diahhrea cause you didn't clean up properly before eating.

Only dummies dont carry plenty of water. Weight doesn't mean much on a bicycle. A gallon of water per day suffices, and thats a pretty small compact thing for a bicycle to carry.

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

So what happened to the 1000miles?
    And clearly you have never done a ride in Texas in the summer just a gallon of water a day will find you dead along the way.

You really need to get real, try this on your own how many times can you manage a 7 high barbed wire fence? How many times can you unload and load your bike to cross fences, How lucky are you with a charging bull.

"You got diarrhea cause you didn't clean up properly before eating."

No, you could not find any clean water when you ran out the second day.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Yard Dart likes this.
  3. benine

benine On Hiatus Banned

there's cattle everywhere. Even a small cow provides 400 lbs of meat, which is enough fo feed a "holed up" man for 4 months or 4 men for a month, if it's all made into jerky, or if the weathers cold enough to preserve the meat for him. A guy can walk alongside of a bike with 200 lbs on the bike, on a back road. A big bull can be 1000 lbs of meat, 4 people can easily haul off 400 lbs of meat on bicycles, pedalling. . You wont be tracking bicycles on a back road. A group can easily keep one man on watch while the other 3 preserve the meat. Chase them and you'll get killed. What a farmer will have to do is try to preserve whatever meat is left on the carcass. One man can move 400 lbs several miles in a night, going back and forth , "staging" the meat in half- mile segments. He'll know where the farmer is coming from. The farmer will have no idea where he is. It takes very little meth to keep you up for several days straight. That amount of time will suffice to get the meat preserved. Or, if he's worried about the farmer, he can just lay for him and kill him, then take the meat, and lots of grain or ground feed, too, most likely.

Says you. All it takes is a water filter and you can drink from a sewer. 1000 miles is just 20 days, 50 miles per night. Twits like you have no staying power. That's why I laugh at your pretense of knowing anything or being able to get anything done. I can't help it if you're too dumb to ride at night, in hot weather. Every place is not Texas and all year is not summer. I"ve been in Dallas for an ice storm. so, once qgain, you're full of it. All it takes to cut a fence is a mutitool. Iv'e been around cattle all of my life. My maternal grandmother was killed by a cow with a new calf and you're fos about that, too. Anyone can pop a cow in the head at 20m with a .22, or wrap up their legs with a bola. if you're riding or walking down a road, there's no fences to cross. Just the one to get into the farm. You can try to scare other people with your bluster, but you have zero effect on me.

Most people dont have to bicycle 10 miles to a source of cattle. I"ve got a grain elevator 1/2 mile from me.Cattle are less than 3 miles. anyone who "thinks' that they can defend livestock is crazy. Anyone can just shoot your entire herd from 1/4 mile away. The meat will all rot and you'll have nothing. It's you who's living in fantasyland. Cityfolk outnumber you 30 to 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020
  4. HK_User

This is your story, good luck.
    Be sure to tat your ID on the bottom of your feet, the buzzards will get to that last.
    The cattle could care less.
    I'm gone.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  5. benine

benine On Hiatus Banned

that's right, cause you have no hope of debating me. The facts of reality are on my side, so you lose every time. A mere 22 anywhere into a horse or cow will cause it to die of infection, from 100m, in the dark.. I can easily carry 1000 rds of .22lr. and more such ammo will easily be found, in homes, vehicles, beside dead bodies.

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You are such a man... you impress me with your survival skillz.....LOL.
    If some one like your little turd ass comes across my farm.... you will be left for the buzzards when I pick you off in the dark, trying to take my cattle.. or anything else. By the time you get into my AO, we have already spotted your sorry ass from quite a ways and are waiting for you. See you soon...buzzard bait.

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Had a member on another forum stomped to death by a cow he emptied his .38 into. Here is what happens when you don't have enough gun....

[​IMG]

8. Yard Dart

My bull will be finished around 2,000 lbs.... lets see some softy trying to chase him around the field with a .22
    I think whoever you may be, your gonna get stomped or gored.... his horns are massive.......
    [​IMG]

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Then there are these...

[​IMG]

The thing about wild animals is that they don't know they are supposed to die and when wounded, they tend to attack what wounded them.

3M-TA3, NVBeav, RightHand and 7 others like this.
  10. Yard Dart

And i forgot to add, daddy has grain..... and multiple firearms that will smoke you in the dark...easy peazy.
    But of course, I have several heifers that will run you down as well....protecting their babies.... sucks to die being an internet warrior... and some bitch cow ruins your day by trampling you..ehhhhh!!!

11. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Clock is ticking... he waiting for you @benine ......[violin]

RightHand, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  12. Yard Dart

By the way... they run 40km/h....!!!!! [beer]
    You are going to get run down... ya to slow couch potato!!!!

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you try to run nasty water through one of those fancy water filters it will clog up after about 2 uses.
    Been there done that. That's why I don't have one of those fancy water filters any more.
    Im sticking with boiling, iodine tablets and other strong oxidizing agents.

I agree 22LR has its place but it's not the be the be all end all. If all I could afford and had was a 22LR I would want to think it could do everything too.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Them sob's right there,Old man always said,Forget about the lions,tigers and bears,The meanest thing in the woods is a pack of ''twisted''off wild hogs...One needs to be young,fast and have the ability to climb trees in a hurry !

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hogs can climb trees now?

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Ganado, Yard Dart and HK_User like this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Reminds me of Bugs vs the Martian... & the “Zorch Gun”....

Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  18. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Hhhoooo BOY! The Zorch Gun is an ideal survival rifle? Probably beats a 22, but still ---
    I favor an AR if I can't have a mil M4.

HK_User likes this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can see you've never been chased by wild hogs....lol

20. HK_User

I hunt hogs by being inside a 4x8 trailer made from 12" junior channel with top bar of stainless steel angle iron.

Now if my shoulder would heal I'll be back at that with some high brass 12 gauge.

The trailer is in place and 10 yards from a hole they made under the fence.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  1. fl4848
  2. stg58
  3. BTPost
  4. BTPost
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. OldDude49
  8. OldDude49
  9. HK_User
  10. oldman11
  11. Ura-Ki
  12. OldDude49