Idiot gets self, son killed by carrying empty gun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If you are the closer, I suggest loading it before going outside, or even better, don't unload it in the first place. Absent a warrant, the boss cannot ask you what you have in your purse.

ETA, I guess it's worth asking if he's a hoplophobe or otherwise doesn't like guns. Invite him to the range next time you go.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If the bad guys have the drop on you, plus they have you out numbered shooting it out with them only has one logical outcome. If it looks like they are going to just take the money and leave it's probably best to let them.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Idiot gets self, son killed by carrying empty gun

Bad headline. (BTW - this shooting was in Oct, 2016)

The store owner and his son were murdered by an urban thug(s). Sadly, if you search for "Lamont (or Bakersfield CA) shooting" you will get pages full of shootings (and deaths) .

The man got himself killed by owing a business in a high crime area with a very liberal political climate. A toxic ecosystem if you will.
    (Crime Data for Bakersfield, CA - Trulia)

It's one of those things - do not work in a gas station - esp a gas and go type market, at night. Or anytime for that matter....The second place not to work is in a marijuana 'dispensary'.

The only folks I know that ever got robbed or assaulted had that happen at a Quikimart/Gas and Go station. These businesses must attract thugs like flies to shi...dung.

BTPost and Motomom34 like this.
  4. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Lots of opinions in this thread. In the words of Dirty Harry "A mans got to know his limitations".

5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Agreed. Your boss has no business looking in your purse, without a warrant or your permission.

I advise you to either keep your gun loaded in your purse, or leave it at home. An unloaded / empty gun is useless to you.

Legion489 likes this.
  6. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

There are people that diligently train for this and similar scenarios with the intent to win, and most of them will win. The gun has to be loaded though. I've watched them fake handing over wallets, slap the BGs pistol away with the weak hand and shooting the strong hand. I know a MA instructor that can bend the gun hand around pointing toward the BGs head/neck and pull the trigger. He did it to me several times and I am no slouch with a pistol of any type. He taught my son how, and Heir Apparent will at the very least maim the attacker and probably kill him. H.A. Is really fast but was trained from the age of five also.

The very best thing is being properly trained and prepared. No replacement for that. Still, in the same situation, I'd have tried anyway being as I'm 65 and not looking forward to old age.

Jim

arleigh likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It's easy to be a "you tube" critic, "your not in the victim's shoes."
    Situational awareness is the key here, though he may have not had the chance to see it coming soon enough.
    You can see the adrenaline pumping the moment ,especially with the threat of life to his son as well.
    1. Not every one is taught to cary one in the pipe. Bad press teaches the opposite .
    2. This may well have been his first event , nothing teaches like expirence .
    this is a push for training and practice .
    My son and I practiced with air soft guns .
    You learn where your vulnerable and your chances of survival .
    You learn how to create strategies and think about what is safe to hide behind, and what is not, to your advantage as well.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Because shooting him in the back is illegal outright in some states (automatically murder in Texas still, isn't it?) and "reengaging" laws make that murder in others.

Curiosity...have you timed yourself, or are these classic "off the shelf" numbers?

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

These just are NOT Issues for a Convicted Felon, who by Federal Statute can NOT possess or carry a FireArm.... Where would our friend dudi, glean all this supposed Good Infomation, on Tactical FireArm usage, one could ask.... Maybe from his Prison Buddies.... Consider. The source....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7