If a nuclear bomb explodes near you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imasham, Jul 6, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Thank goodness for that....It might have made Orson Welles's War of the Worlds broadcast responses seem quite tame and lame. It just goes to show the potential for unforseen consequences.

2. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Perhaps the time has come for OUR Adversaries to listen when the Sabre Rattles?
    A feckless Leader of the mightiest Nation on Earth is of no consequence, but someone that speaks the plain truth of America First can "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick" or tweet universally and change the geo-political landscape?

stg58 likes this.
  3. M118LR

Just recall that I'm a Democratically leaning Independent Politically.
    Maybe even a Dixiecrat if categorized.

4. chelloveck

I think some have the measure of the man-child.

M118LR likes this.
  5. M118LR

To quote Sarah Woodling, "I know what I had".......

&

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Don't think Detroit proper. Think Metro Detroit. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Compuware, Unisys, OnStar . Metro Detroit is one of the top 4-5 financial centers in the US (Ally, Quicken Loans, Ford Motor Credit, Comerica, Fifth Third .. ). A bunch of universities and research centers.

Then there is US Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command, Selfridge Air National Guard base (warthogs just won't die).

And there is at least one refinery.

Plus the 65 or so million tons of grains, limestone, iron ore from the upper Midwest has to go through a tiny straw of water (half mile to 2.5 mile wide) Detroit and St. Clair riverways.

so nope, not Detroit but basically 40 mile or so radius from the renaissance center.

That doesn't even include all the stuff in Canada. A nuke on Detroit would pretty much be kinda bad for the economy. Plus maybe this monkey depending on it's yield.

Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  7. M118LR

What a monkey sees, what a monkey does, and what a monkey hears are 3 of the biggest evils on the face of the earth. Just what was it that a monkey prepares for??????????????
    Location, location, location...............JMHO.

8. VisuTrac

fat boy would have to pick a closer target than US 50 states proper. Think short flight time to US asset / protectorate / major ally. If a missile was in flight for a long time better chance we can have to get an asset in the air to combat it.

Think of it this way, NK isn't going to survive a first strike to be able to retaliate so they have to go first. Game theory all the way.
    Underdog has to go all in and has to go first. Otherwise they will have less than a zero percent chance of winning.

Think Japan (Okinawa), Guam, heck how about S. Korea.
    Launch lots of missiles. all over the place only have to tip a couple with nukes.

It'll be like the video game, Missile Command. Damn I hated those MIRVs.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    chelloveck, Yard Dart and M118LR like this.
  9. M118LR

Sounds like a likely conversation based upon where you are sitting at time zero to me. Now how about what is time zero for those you left behind???????
    Which is more important at time zero??????????

10. VisuTrac

Well, I won't be in Japan, Guam nor S. Korea.

chelloveck, M118LR and Yard Dart like this.
  11. M118LR

Took the airborne geiger counter readings of the Sea of Japan. You still don't want to be there! Guam is merely an AO depository, S. Korea is nothing more than the next fall-out area. JMHO. Hope you escape all the above.

12. VisuTrac

Oh I'm not worried about being there.
    Actually, I'm not worried about being nuked at all.
    There is actually not a damn thing I can do about fat boy launching missiles, our drum beaters in DC.
    I can hope that cooler heads prevail.
    I can hope that if NK does launch a nuke we shoot it down or if we miss, just eat it. Instead of retaliating and starting WW3 with all the players flipping their switches.

And I think it maybe time to order some more Iodine pills. (That's going to be my extent of prepping for the festivities)

EDIT: Just used the Monkey shopping link to Amazon to order some replacement Iodine pills. So .. two things accomplished with a couple of clicks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Yard Dart and M118LR like this.
  13. M118LR

The folks in Israel have an honest prescriptive, but that's just my opinion.

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Case extant, the underdog has zero chance of winning anyway. It would benefit his country immeasurably to make the first move. The result would be a perma-squashing. Then we would rebuild it for his subjects. Wasn't there a movie, maybe the mouse that roared?

In the meantime, the saber rattling and mouth music is wasting resources. T'were done well, t'were done quickly.

chelloveck likes this.
  15. M118LR

Never studied the history of Fredonia?

chelloveck likes this.
  16. VisuTrac

nah, not wasting resources, it's all about positioning and capitalizing on crisis.
    There will be plenty of those pushing for a crisis so they can further their agenda.
    NK pushes the button, just watch the emergency power grabs get enacted w/in hours.
    regular people will lose lots to everything. Those with the agenda and positioned well .. they'll just be rubbing their hands together savoring the moment.
    Yep, never let a crisis go to waste.

chelloveck, ghrit and Yard Dart like this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No, but which one? Not that it matters particularly, and no, I skipped your vid.
    Fredonia - Wikipedia

18. M118LR

Care to guess which side side won the Battle of Fredonia?
    I'd suggest that you monitor Duck Soup during the next New Year Celebration. Just an Old Timers Classic. JMHO.

19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

upload_2017-8-8_21-37-15.

M118LR likes this.
  20. chelloveck

Duck Soup - Freedonia - Wikipedia

Sounds just like a NRA promotional jingle. :eek:

21. chelloveck

The etiquette for refined ladies responding to a nuclear explosion without warning, is to dive in the direction of the flash....the blast wave will surely follow, and it would be very unseemly for a young lady to have her skirt blown above her waist. :(

M118LR likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7