If Nuke hits in San Diego & I'm Safe in LA should I still get the Hell out Fearing What the Governme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ED GEiN, Jun 19, 2018.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

If a Nuke hits in San Diego & I'm Safe in LA should I still get the Hell out fearing what the Government Could do in the Future? Haven't been on here for a while mainly because several people, the exception rather than the rule, annoy me,

Following up on something someone made an excellent point on when I last posted, if you lived say within 400/500 miles of an area where a Nuke destroyed the area and were safe from radiation/harm, would you still get the hell out immediately fearing the Government/Military for whatever reason might take over the area you live and not allow people to leave and/or possibly decide to destroy the area where you live anyway and the people in it? Or are you just best living in your secure home and not worry about future actions by the Government? I never thought about that till someone posted that idea here.

Whether you would never live in LA or a place within 400/500 miles of a potential Military Target is irrelevant to answering the question. Thank you

Asia-Off-Grid and Motomom34 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Trump and rocket man are besties now.
    And it turns out rocket man likey did not have a nuclear weapon capable of functioning after going on a rocket ride.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I would get the hell out of Californiastan, whether SHTF, or not.

Wasn't part of the deal, for us to give NK the entire state of Californiastan?

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

They got MIRVs .. If they launch on San Diego, LA plus San Fran plus plus will get MIRVd too ..

ochit, Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's been shtf in California since the 1960s.

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yes, less to fear from the Govt than the large population of scared people around you as well as the masses that have survived (if not unscathed) the blast to your south. There will be scared, confused and desperate people piled enmass. That is always a recipe for disaster.

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

It would be difficult to leave the Island of LA once the fault line breaks...

8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Leave. Whether L.A. gets hit or not. Any SHTF event that big will bring population travel control /quarantine to you. Think about something as simple as a five day trucker's strike in or around L.A. Now multiply that by orders of magnitude. People will be killing for fresh rat in a week. Even with a military cordon around your a.o. you're not going to prevent the desperate to your south or loocal area from getting to you. If you think I'm wrong just look at our southern border now. I don't much believe in zombies but history itself should give you an idea how fragile "polite society" is. At least in the zombie movies they can only afford so many extras to play the zombies. In real life you will be dealing with millions. Leave.

ED GEiN, ochit, Thunder5Ranch and 3 others like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

A sizable portion of this hypothetical situation depends upon the yield of the nuke, the number of nukes, the prevailing wind and subsequent fallout, the topography, evacuation routes, emergency response units, population of the surrounding and immediate area, and other such parameters including the likelihood of anything terrible like this ever happening in the first place. As for staying at home versus bugging out, that's a well covered topic for SHTF that can be found easily enough.

Definitely take California off your radar as being a safe place, in any case -then and now.

Ganado, ochit, Thunder5Ranch and 3 others like this.
  10. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

@ED GEiN, come to Cambodia. No one wants to bomb it, any longer anyway. Of course, if you love proper made bar-b-que, you will miss that, here.

Brokor, Zimmy, ochit and 3 others like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

An oxymoron. It'll be too late by the time the mushroom cloud forms regardless of tonnage.

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You will be safe in LA because of California's strict gun control laws and the extensive gun free areas. Gangs are only interested in other gang members and will leave you alone.

13. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brokor and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Frankly, Ed, your reasons for stopping in or not are immaterial; the site will continue with or without you. That said, some of your posts elicit off the wall humorous responses. Carry on.

Brokor, Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Leave! For all the above reasons. Also, I would imagine if they take out San Diego they will do L.A. as well so there really isn't a reason to worry about it.

sec_monkey and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Leave Ed, Point your nose into the wind and head North!

17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

If it makes you feel better you annoy many of us as well :) But you got some good advice in the previous post.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Hey I got skillz I can Bar-B-Q like a madman :D I might be useful in Cambodia.

Asia-Off-Grid and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Welcome back Ed.

Why would they destroy a stable area? IMO they would commandeer the area making it their base. I believe the people living in that area would then be subject to rules and regulations as set by the military. Now many would be scared and cherish having the military take over and control the area. Others would want to be in control themselves. I would leave if I could because I think living under a government rule during an emergency time would be very restricting.

20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@ED GEiN Leaving LA would mean crossing the Inland Empire only to get to one of a few choke points allowing entry to Nevada. This has been discussed before in your previous threads and it's extremely unlikely you would make it unless you acted in the first few minutes of any disaster. In the event of a Nuclear attack there may be controls in place to prevent refugees from bringing radioactive contamination along with them. The best you could hope for there would be a decontamination detention facility and medical treatment. The only safe way out is to leave in advance of any nuclear attack, but you have reasons preventing you from leaving the area.

I'd suggest you stock up as best you can and assuming you aren't killed immediately or die shortly after stick it out as best you can. I'm certain there will be efforts to provide aid, though in the aftermath of a nuclear war that might not happen. I'd also suggest you have a 4x4 of some sort (Jeep Cherokee?) stocked and ready to go at any time (food, water, first aid, clothes, boots, a bicycle per person, etc.) and any time the politics look edgy just take a short vacation on the other side of the Sierras - maybe all the way to Denio and hang out with the opal miners there.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7