if shock is not part of the incident,

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kven, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

9mm?? Nothing says knockdown like .45ACP 5.2 grains of Alliant Unique, 230 GR HP/XTP .451 Hornady controlled expansion projectiles!! yes. yes. yes.

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hmm, sounds like [stirpot] to me!!
    LOL

.308 and .45 for me. And 50 BMG for those times you need a bigger hammer.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm telling yall, 124 grains of purely Devine guidance from my steady hand and eagle eyes
    will have you boys blowing dust buggers !!!

Tully Mars, jim2, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I'll see yer 9 mm and raise ya a single Millimeter, that's right, the mighty Full Nukum 10 MM Auto, blows away Peterbilt's, and everything else from a mile and a half away, with 17 more little buggers right behind it! 220 grain Lazer Cast solids with hollowed out base and 13.4 grains Blue Dot for 1260 FPS! .45 Auto WHAT???

Minuteman, BTPost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Aw man, I kinda knew you would play the 10MM card on me....you may just be correct!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Dunerunner

[kneelsuckers]

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Since I sold all my factory 9mm during the plandemic thats mostly what I have been loading for the last 2 years.
    9mm and 10mm is 4 pussys. 40mm is where it's at.

jim2, CraftyMofo, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Doing a bunch of pretty serious Rifle loading, mainly .308 and .30/06, both are pushing the limits of velocity vs accuracy with serious hunting bullets, exclusively the Swift Sciroccos in the 150 to 180 grain flavors and a couple of heavies using a 220 grain Barnes round nose soft point sledge hammer! Also working up a few loads for the the 7mm Mag and my always trusty .338 Win Mag! Ordered a new .50 bullet mold for the Black Powder Rifles, it's a 600 grain flat point conical with three gas check groves and a hollow base with flared blast seal grove, should be good for 1600 FPS over top of 140 grains of 2f Holy Black! Talk about Sledge Hammer!
    Lastly, been working up loads for the .454, were getting real close to the Ruger .45 Super /AMT auto mag performance numbers in the standard length .454 case!

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I am at an impasse reloading bulk 38 and 9mm just now. Unlike some I am good for primers (enough for the next year of comp shooting) but powder is almost (maybe more than almost) unobtainium just now. None of the imported brands have been available for the last year in any qty and ADI have prioritised rifle powers for the US and local market for two years. They have new shotgun and handgun types in the pipeline but production keeps getting bumped back. The last two years of floods (directly impacting their production) have not helped either. I am stocking up on cast projectiles as they are in good supply as once the primer/powder flows demand for those will exceed capacity !!!

I am still loading rifle powders I put away on the 80s when I was in the trade. I did have to update some of the big slow burning ones however.

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Elk Wompers!!

jim2 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yup, that and Northern Swamp Donkeys!

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Them old 22s worked on the hogs as well ,, pop'em in the forehead ,, then cut the throat to bleed'em out ,, then to the scald pot .

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That sounds like a powder puff load of unique. Max book load for unique under a 230gr is around 6.5gr. A plus pee load is about 6.9gr. I would only recommend that in a heavy steel on steel gun.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  14. Dunerunner

At 10 feet, it won't matter...

jim2, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I was asked by one of those small caliber guys why I carried a .45 Auto. I said because they don't make a .46.
    Ain't no replacement for displacement.

Dunerunner, BTPost, Minuteman and 2 others like this.
  16. whynot#2

whynot#2 Monkey+

38, 9mm, 10mm, 45ACP, 223... ect. Personally I think I can skip getting shot by any of them. History has proven they all work if properly applied.

Whynot#2

jim2, oldawg, BTPost and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dunerunner

Winner!!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7