If TEOTWAWKI Suddenly Ends After a Few Years Will People Be Criminally Charged With Murder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ED GEiN, Sep 30, 2018.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

IF, WROL, YOU track..follow...start a fight..kill....
    the law will not be around to stop.... repercussions...

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oh Mai la, Must of been when I was sitting on da swing having a Tee-Fred

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Nah, comes from my being an old mainframe programmer. One gets to thinking logically and linearly like a computer. I do not try to translate what is written. I will take it as written. Too many misspellings, I bail out of the post and move on, not wasting time on it.

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Sin tax errors are just the worst. ;)

Zimmy, Witch Doctor 01 and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

....well if TEOTWAWKI has occurred what do you believe your option may be if faced with a life threatening situation ? Or were you planning on running around killing random folks (yes I jest). Your logic does not quite compute, the world has somehow collapsed but I am worried it may reform and I get smacked on the pee pee for surviving ? While I do kind of hate the term, this is rather like "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" but on steroids....what is your option, run...yes...this should be (in some instances) your first action but so may it be to stand and defend what you have saved or built. That may actually be, legally defined as a murder (as opposed to a homicide)within the rules of society TODAY...your other option is to die there among your possessions. Prison life may ruin the life you have TODAY, but it is not the life we are talking about now is it ?

The take away....don't try and be a f'ing despot or Warlord and you will come out the other end "probably OK" in the eyes of whatever form of civilisation is yours next. If you are there to be judged you will be ahead of many.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome to Ed's World. :lol:

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

if there are any witnesses .. then charged yes.
    being convicted is another matter. depends on both killer / victims character, who is on the jury or the judge if we don't make it back to a jury system.

if no one knows ( 3 people can keep a secret if 2 of them are dead) one will probably walk away except from their own conscience.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Giving you question some thought , I believe that it would be prudent to behave as though the rule of law will be returned one way or another, in which case one should believe that they will be giving account for their life .
    It is not unfathomable to accept the fact the if some one were in the habit of shooting people passerby that person might well be taken out for the safety of those who are behaving. .
    but I would hope that a person would not simply take it upon them self to be judge jury and executioner .

.I have a lot of respect for the Israeli / Lebanese way of execution I learned from a Lebanese soldier .
    If an enemy soldier was caught they were taken to the streets and shot from the legs up one at a time by each soldier. why primarily because that is how both sides did it. Secondarily you knew that if you were caught, the opposing army killed you the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

There will probably be a lot of old scores settled...

Zimmy likes this.
  10. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

LOL Sorry it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I killed someone who would have killed me if I didn't kill them. I have a conscience but not for people who threaten my life.Sorry.

Talking about the time, I don't know if there is a proper term when SHTF turns into TEOTWAWKI. IE for Katrina, I would avoid using a weapon as much as possible because I knew Law & Order would eventually be maintained within a few months, If there was a deadly Pandemic where 80% of the world was dead with no cure in site, I wouldn't hesitate to use a weapon as my first resort.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  1. ED GEiN
  2. ED GEiN
  3. ED GEiN
  4. john316
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. HK_User
  9. DarkLight
  10. Motomom34
  11. Yard Dart