If the SHTF, or in a case of TEOCAWKI / TEOTWAWKI...

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

... there is no other woman on this planet, that I would rather have with me - than the "Boss".

As pretty much anyone knows who lives on a farm, you start pretty early in the morning, every single day. Yesterday, though, we had discussed going back to the city this morning, in order to purchase a sewage pump. We were - yes, were - having issues with one of our septic tanks here. So, I had expected to be awake by about 09:00, to get ready and head to town.

However, about 05:00, I had laid down to get a bit of rest, before getting started again, organizing some files I have been working on the past couple of weeks.

Oh, I guess it was right about 05:30, when I was half-way awakened, to hear a beating noise outside. I later learned it was the Boss's brother, apparently chipping away at the mortar surrounding the lid of the septic tank. She was getting dressed during my half-awakened state. Shortly after, I drifted back off to sleep.

Apparently, they decided to empty the tank themselves, rather than for us to return to the city "just to needlessly spend money".

This woman, who works from before daylight here, to well past dark almost every day, was helping her brother empty the septic tank, a job few people back home would want - especially the way they do it here!

You see, she and her brother filled the buckets by dipping them into the septic tank, then would hang the buckets from a carrying pole to take them to the back of the rice field, where they emptied the buckets. Then, they would return to repeat the process. (Boy! The Health Department in the US would have a field day here, wouldn't they?)

Anyway, I finally woke around 09:00, to more sounds. This time, it was her brother sealing the lid on the tank. In 3.5 hours, two people had completely emptied that huge septic tank, two buckets filled at a time.

Aside from voluntarily doing work like this, she can kill, clean, prepare and cook any livestock we have. She flinches not, never once wavering from what she feels are her duties as a wife and daughter. In fact, aside from ghosts and snakes (which a recent experience has proven), I have yet to find anything she is afraid of in her life.

She also takes care of me like a woman would her own baby. I have never been so spoiled, so well taken care of - in my entire life. I honestly do not know what I would do without her. (Now, you all know why I do everything I can, to make her life better, every day we are together.) She is truly, the wind beneath my wings. I love her more than life itself.

I truly hope and pray, that every member of this forum, is in a similar relationship. Everyone here deserves to be loved as much.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

AOG, you are indeed, blessed...

3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

You much lucky man

Asia-Off-Grid and Motomom34 like this.
  4. ochit

ochit Monkey+

don't tick her off :D

Zimmy, Asia-Off-Grid and Lancer like this.
  5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

You are indeed lucky. I would bet few have that kind of relationship with that kind of woman.

Asia-Off-Grid and Motomom34 like this.
  6. BenP

BenP Monkey++

My wife is a hard worker but wow that is impressive. We divide things into blue jobs and pink jobs and I think that would definitely have been a blue job.

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What a wonderful woman you are married to. Glad you found each other.

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yep! I got an amazing one also. Brought up in the school of Hard Knocks during the Soviet Union era by a mother we call 'Little Stalin.' Even with all the university and technical schools I've had, I sometimes feel so damn incompetent next to her. She, like the rest of her people, take only half as much resources to accomplish twice as much. She is currently helping me clear land by cutting trees, making firewood and removing and burning branches, not emptying a septic but damn hard work.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I'm picturin' yer wife in protective gear, walkin' around and cuttin' and hauling branches. :)
    protective_gear.

Strong womenfolk will definitely be a plus in times like those. I see some city girls, often from wealthy families here, spoiled too much / often, who would be absolutely worthless wives. They would require a full staff hired on, just to look after them.

Bandit99 and techsar like this.
  10. STGThndr

STGThndr Monkey+

I think that I'm fortunate enuff to be married to her sister...;)

oldman11 likes this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Mis Paul still to date ,
    Real nice gent .. Just so you know
    Sloth

1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch