If you had to choose one Fixed blade for survival

Discussion in 'Blades' started by melbo, Feb 8, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well the more I think about it, I do have a perfect knife for some. If you're a mall ninja, spec-ops wannbe, then this is the knife for you!

[​IMG]

"The 911 designation isn’t for the emergency call, it’s to remind its user of the enemy we face, the war we fight, and the heroes who fight it! With the subdued 9/11 Tribute limited edition nomenclature on it’s blade, the operator carries with him a visible reminder of the Americans lost and the heroic efforts of those who take arms in defense of liberty. Blade design offers a combination spear/tanto point with the best attributes of both. CTV2 steel, an intimidating blade length in excess of eight inches, hollow grind and v-chisel sharpened edge make the Interceptor 911 an incredibly effective fighting tool. The Interceptor 911 E&E offers further enhancements for real-time escape and evasion activities. It includes a patent pending Splitter Hilt™ which provides for cutting away harnesses and overhead cables. Backsaw is optimized for cutting through plexiglass aircraft canopies or helo windows. The choil-notch doubles as both a bottle opener and peacemaker-its’ deployment and use is a great bar fight deterrent in exotic third world locales. Extended serrations aid underwater cutting efforts. Hilt ports provide additional attachment points for paracord in survival situations. Window-breaker in pommel. Notch design allows prybar style mechanical advantage for entry through aluminum vehicle rooftops. Expander tip provides expanded entry-wound channel. Like all Dark Ops blades, the CTV2 steel will last for decades! The most advanced fixed blade fighter in service today. 100% made in America! Black Titanium CarboNitride (TiCN) vacuum deposited finish."

"is a great bar fight deterrent in exotic third world locales" LOL

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

[LMAO] [LMAO] [LMAO] [LMAO] [LMAO]

kellory likes this.
  3. Valkman

All it needs is a friggin margarita mixer and it'd be complete! [touchdown]

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

That's what it is, a margarita mixer. The hook on the spine will allow the mall ninja to hang in on the rim of his Genuine, Fully Illuminated, Chromium Plated CRC Quart Sized Margarita Pitcher.

5. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hmmmmm....

Now there's a tailgate at a concert I could get into...

minus the mall ninja of course.. [raspberry]

I'm gonna tell R2..(your alter ego on another board, ghost) [LMAO]

6. ghostrider

Et Tu R2D2

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's the Swiss Army knife that doesn't open.

8. ghostrider

Huh?

9. E.L.

It's already open with all of the gadgets/whizmo's.

10. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I've been getting by with a Buck 110 and a 7" Kabar... and about 14 other knives. I do need a 9.5" damascas Bowie though.

jim

11. ~kev~

~kev~ Monkey+++

cold steel

My choice is the cold steel recon scout.

12. CRC

Re: If you had to choose one Fixed blade...

bump...

Some new folks around here....

13. E.L.

After seeing and handling the knife that Valk built for Minuteman, that is the knife to have. Good God what a wonderful piece of work. I have never handled or fell in love with a knife before handling that one. I'm gonna have to have him build me one before too long, and after he fully recovers from his proving himself as a real man of genius. [beer]

14. CRC

I have a "few" of his knives...and treasure each one! I keep one for when I go fishing...one in my purse...and one in a bag.....:)

15. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

There is one of those awesome Valkman knives at my house.

Sad story. You see, it's a "his" model, not an "ours" model :cry:. That tells me that the one knife that has to be had is a Valkman fixed blade. :D

16. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

My Valkman "Fighter" would be the "one". But it would be a hard choice!! I have 3!
    Knives 035. Knives 074.

Brokor likes this.
  17. Valkman

You need a bird & trout now! [boozingbuddies]

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I agree the Valkman fighter is my new carry all, and yes MM you do need a bird and trout, I use the hell out of mine. Thanks valkman again.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I have a cheapo but rugged old 5" Tanto knife I bought some twenty years ago. I like it even better than my KABAR for most tasks. It'll do any camp chore, skin out a small to medium critter, AND can be used to chisel open a SPAM can of Russian ammo...... yep, I actually DID that with TWO SPAM cans once! (Found the opener in the crate later...) :rolleyes:

Hardly marred the blade. Still shaves hair like a razor.

20. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

I bought a Cold Steel Master Hunter years ago. I do mean years ago, probably 15 - 20 years ago. It is still in use to this day. The grip is comfortable and just big enough to get a good grip on. The blade is big enough to do what you need it to, without being overkill. The blade is looking rough now, but it still does what I ask it too, and I expect it will do that for years to come.

Things I have done with my Master Hunter - Whittling, Opening boxes, Cutting carpeting, you know the usual knife stuff. But wait.....

I have gut dear with it. I have placed it against the breast bone of a deer and using a hammer on the back of the blade, I have driven the blade thru the bone splitting the chest apart on the deer. I have crushed thru leg bones of deer with it. And then finishing skinning the deer with the same knife. The edge still intact.

I have used it to split wood. Yep, you read that right. I took the knife and placed it on the edge of a log. Then I held the handle and beat on the tip end of the blade with a heavy branch, driving the edge down into the log, cutting off large chunks of wood. I split enough firewood to cook a meal and dry a couple of us out after hiking in the rain all day. The edge was still intact, and my buddies were very impressed by this demonstration of my favorite knife.

The blade has some dark marring on it now, from times that I didn't take real good care of it. But it still takes and holds a edge quite nicely. I love my Master Hunter. It isn't a big, over-sized, Rambo Style of knife. It is a useful, portable knife that you will find you enjoy hanging off your hip. Yet, it isn't afraid to be abused on a regular occasion. It does what a good knife is suppose to do without all the bells and whistles. I would recommend one to everyone. And then get out and abuse it. I swear, the knife prefers it that way.

Check out the video of the Master Hunter on the Cold Steel site. It may be small, portable and easy to handle. But it isn't a joke.

Specifications
    Blade: 4 1/2"
    Overall: 9 1/4"
    Thick: 3/16"
    Weight: 6.4oz
    Sheath: Concealex
    Handle: Kraton
    Steel: VG-1 San Mai III®
    $139.99

[​IMG]

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner