If you won the lottery...............

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Motomom34, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have my tickets for both Mega Millions and Powerball. I have never been in Big Daddy Guns in Gainesville because the have Barnett 50s in stock. I cannot be trusted that close as I want one so bad, along with 2 or 3 pallets of Ma Deuce ammo. That will be 1st purchase, then I'll finish the new house, take a vacation. Let my renters house sit at new house while I have the rental doublewide removed and replaced with 4 bedroom poured concrete home (styrofoam block forms rebar re-enforced), while I am on that fishing vacation.

2. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Lot's of interesting ideas. But, if I won that much money I'd do everything I could to make sure it couldn't be traced back to me or my family. Who needs a hundred hands reaching out every day with a sob story why they want your money. As for philanthropy, again through trusted and well paid entities that can't be traced back to me.

Picasso once said "The life I'd like to live would be as a poor man, but with money". IMHO good advice.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I knew a young couple who won one of the first Florida lottos back in the late 1980s. First thing they did was unplug the phone, stop mail delivery and took a month long vacation far from home. They knew every "friend", "family" and charity would be asking for handouts!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ride em' if you got em'

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

What do you mean “or?” Shouldn’t you be visiting hanzo AND @Gator 45/70 AND @tacmotusn? Maybe even all on one trip.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wow! Would be a billionaire for a short while until the uncles get their hands on some. So between fed and state tax, let’s just estimate half gone.

I would spend only income while trying to grow the corpus back to become a billionaire again. Spend the income. Set it all up so family and future generations can spend the income. Protect the pricipal. Uncle Sam's gonna want another half at death. Sheeesh.

Income should afford a nice spread to live and thrive. And whatever else. Just don’t be stupid. Don’t tell. Don’t show off.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  7. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Yup, thats what a good lawyer or few would be for

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Mega Millions at 2 Billion? Did I hear that right? Nope.. Web page says only 1.6 Billion. That is worth spending $20. Powerball is over 600 Million, also.

While I do not advocate gambling, somebody has to win it! :D

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Ok we all go on a trip to see @Bear ok?

Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I'm sure he would like that!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

I would still be the same...

Hanzo, Motomom34 and SB21 like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yep ,,,the same , but with money,,,,

Hanzo, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I would have to move, I don't live in a state that allows you to claim anonymously. Some states do, some don't.

Own all my assets in pure trusts, not statutory trusts. Of course you have to 'trust' the people you put in as trustee's because you can't be a trustee of your own trusts.

Living small is good, big houses and cars just scream 'come take advantage of me' particularly when you are new to handling money. Besides you have to pay property tax and keep up the maintenance on big homes. I can't be bothered to waste money like that.
    I have a bucket list for travel that could take me up to 10 years to finish. So for me, small place to call home and set up the management system for the $$$$ then travel.

Hanzo, Motomom34, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

jackpot.

3cyl, Witch Doctor 01, Hanzo and 5 others like this.
  15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

KIMG2915.
    I'd spend a lot of time and money helping out guys like John. He's been scrounging all the wood to deck the range so wounded warriors in wheel chairs can participate without needing any assistance moving from station to station. What he's done with no money and lots of love is pretty amazing.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I asked my son (the high schooler) what he would do if he won the lottery. He said he would give money to me, his Dad and brother then he would finally fix up his XJ jeep the way he wanted. That thing is one big oil leak so I asked why not get a new one in better shape. He said it isn't about the vehicle but about the memories & there are many adventures and memories attached to that jeep. That conversation was gift enough, I don't need to win the lottery. Knowing I didn't raise a greedy, materialist kid was a jackpot for me.

Ganado, Zimmy, Dont and 7 others like this.
  17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I probably won't win... I already won @Brokor 's Kelly kettle...

SB21, Motomom34, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  18. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Kelly Kettle.
    You'll like the Kelly Kettle. Makes a fantastic air freshener in the house too. :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Some good advice there... exspecially about waiting to claim your prize till youve had a bit of time to get yer ducks in a row.

I also would look into setting up a seperate entity (not sure what its called) to arange all you charity & gifts type of things through.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7