Ike, here we go again....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniper-66, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

Wow....what a wonderful use of government assets.....

Overkill?

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So what did you do for those .3 hrs? sight seeing? (just joking a little)

I'm tired of hearing the news report that "it will be weeks before power is restored". Well d'uh anybody with half a brain would know that.

As for the people that stayed and are now complaining that the .gov (FEMA) is not doing enough to get power, water and food in the are, well you're just gonna hafta be patient and wait for power, for food & water where are your supplies? You knew the storm was gonna be bad. Get off your duff and help clear the debris.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oh, My, NO!! That will displace a federal union worker!! STRIKE!! (Of course, that does not apply on your own property.) [gone]

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

.3 hours, that is how long after take-off before I had a flight control malfunction and had to turn around and call it a day. On the brighter side, went deep sea fishing yesterday and caught three red groupers, huge suckers. Looks like the benefit of this trip is a fish grillin!
    by the way, I never got to see Houston or Galveston.

[beat]

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I've been reading on another forum of the scam artists already plying their trade. One is to begin 'cleaning up' a persons yard, and when they come out, telling them to pay up for the 'help' or face "trouble".....

I'd have my .45 between his eyes, saying, "you are eyeball deep in trouble! LEAVE!" :lol:

But it's sad they prey on the elderly and confused. Ought to be a Special place in Hades for those types.

Gas prices are normalizing here now - though supplies are still spotty. Getting better though - besides the big truckstops having gas, the local station nearest me is finally selling gas again. $3.65 at the local, with $3.57 at the Flying J and Pilot.
    All stations still had plenty of Diesel - I'm gonna start looking for a small older diesel car, just for these times.....
    And build up my stored stock of gas.

6. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I finally got home last night. The only price gouging i saw was the hotels, they tried three times to get us to check out and back in so they could change our rates. Interestingly enough, the gas prices in Victoria never changed while we were there, they hovered around $3.65 the entire time.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7