Illegal Wind Turbine = Jail Time....

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Yard Dart, Oct 7, 2015.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

Short answer in our present situation you will never truly own your own property. The "State", US, and the"state", local, will always grant you limited use of your property if you jump thru the right hoops. Taxes, regulations, epa etc, zoning rules, local rules, neighbors etc will always control and charge you fees to let you have limited use of your land after you pay your required fees. You may try to minimize the limits by selecting your location, selecting your construction methods, or hiding your preps, but there will be limits and there is always a chance of losing it before the SHTF and it is almost certain that you will lose it after the fact. The biggest threat any prepper faces is the state and his neighbors. They will limit your use of the land, charge you taxes and fees and look out for your "best interests" before TSHTF and will believe that they have a legal and God given right to your land and preps after a SHTF event. I can not find one event in our recent history in which the state was willing to let the prepared alone, keep their defensive tools, and stay in place to use your preps. It does happen in limited events, ice storm, blizzard and such, but it is not tolerated in more extreme situations, flood, fire, tornado, earth quake etc.

While I agree in theory with limiting pipelines and exports, we must also be willing to give up the benefits we get from the pipelines and exports. Double the price of food and electricity due to higher energy costs and close Walmart, Tractor Supply etc and do away with most of our winter fruits and veggies in order to bring our trade balance positive. You can't have one without the other. In NH they have stopped the pipelines and Canadian hydro power for years and when I go to work, I go by the closed factories and we spent $2 billion in fuel surcharges on our electricity last winter. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    3cyl likes this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@duane you are right and for me the argument is really about, 1) what you can do on your own property that doesnt impinging on the rights of others. What ever happened to talking to your neighbors and seeing how they are impacted. 2) shared resources with too many people which creates an 'us or them' mentality. As long as we have overpopulation we are going to have problems.

1. Yad Tsalach
  2. Benjamin A. Wood
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. bsr1st
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Motomom34
  11. Vaejovis carolinanus
  12. omingnome