Im Alive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Hey Hey
    Sorry gang im alive picking up my last load today and hopefull internet will be on in that jerk water town by the end of this coming week!
    Im flying to Houston TX next week end so will be gone then,
    I see im no longer allowed on my account at WR they didnt even send a fk you e-mail to me, really chicken sheet.
    Yeah B your welcome for everything we have done for you.
    Sorry this is short im on a loaner and need to get to work and haul things back to the new home.
    I can be contacted through melbo till the internet gods over there get me turned on :shock:
    Take Care see you ssson
    Quig
    BTW you really find out who you can count on by the way they act, ;)

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to hear you're alive. We'll be awaiting your return and expect stories of your adventures in relocation.

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Quig, it's good to hear you are alive and hope you enjoy Houston.

Sorry to hear the internet gods have not yet seen fit to give you access at your new location (hope it is soon).

And well I'm sorry to hear about things over on WR for you.

But, we are here for you and await your return.

4. nope

nope Monkey+++ Founding Member

Glad all is well Quig, moving is a bummer for sure! Glad it all went well and w/out incident. Take care and hurry back. Be safe on your trip to TX!

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep, happened to a bunch of us suddenly Quig. You take care - I know moving is not fun!

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Slacker... How long does it take a Family of 3 to move 85 miles? :shock:

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

3X the troubles of moving a family of one 535 miles. Trust me on that. :lol:

Packing is easy, just throw it in a box. Unpacking and putting away is a whole 'nuther tale.

8. TLynn

ghrit you beat me to it.

Though I was going to say about 3x the trouble it would take to move a family of 3 1,000 miles (it's far easier to move a long distance than a short distance).

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have 27 mailing addresses in roughly 40 years. 8 moves were with family ranging in size from 2 to 5, and those 8 were all in excess of 500 miles. Much easier when the movers do it, then all you need is places to stay until you find a house. Not so easy all the time. Wedge 5 people in a motel room for 4 weeks sometime, with 3 preschoolers, and the fun is never ending, especially when one is hospitalized. I'll move me 40 times for every one of those.

Don't get me wrong, the moving has allowed for seeing things and being places I'd never have seen or been if it weren't for the job. But there were time, oh, yes, there were transitory times best not experienced.

And you are right, short moves are killers, you are tempted to do as much of it yourself as you can. Up to 100 miles or so, it makes economic sense to paddle back and forth a few times rather than pay for someone else to do it. But the ibuprophen bills for the sore back compensate a bit. I ain't gonna do that no more, I'm hiring it done hereafter. The headaches do not compare with the sore back and knees.

My sympathies, best wishes and encouragement, Quig. Get settled as soon as you can, and get back here. [beer]

10. Quigley_Sharps

Ok Im ON!!!!! b::
    Just got it up and running 10 mins ago jesus i have a lot of post to read :lol:
    Its good to be back thanks

11. TLynn

Yeah we have a Quigley!!!

[beer]

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome Back Quigley. You've been missed.

13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to see you back. So how many unread post were there?

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

we almost banned your ass because the council voted that you must be a spoof

15. Quigley_Sharps

:lol: yeah i thought for a min i might be one too

16. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

lol What, you dont have those read yet? Whats takeing you so long? lol Welcome back Quig.

17. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks like you have some catching up to do. Next time you are in state call, we will show you some of that hospitality that us Texans are famous for.

18. Quigley_Sharps

Yeah i sure would like that, although it was no stop cept for fuel home trip.
    Planning to go again and relax some, we will call.

19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hey quig.....glad to see you are back on deck. Where have you moved to ???

Andy [beer]

20. nope

nope Monkey+++ Founding Member

Glad you made it safe and sound! Just think now you can quit that Internet reformers group now that your back online. Take care and again welcome back and glad all is well.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7