I'm annoyed & can't put a name on it......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

My blood pressure is up and I don't know what to call the thing that's pissin me off.

After messing around with Windows Vista today, I've become completely frustrated with people (or things) trying to do things for me. I don't know what to call this, but I'll give some examples.... I'm sure you have some of your own.

And then tell me.... am I just too grumpy?

Imagine working on your car, opening your toolbox, and a little "tool fairy" jumps up in your way and starts asking you questions about what tool you want and what it is your trying to do. I just want you to get out of my way and let me pick the frickin tool I was looking for. That was my Vista experience.

I don't want my car doing things on it's own, like locking the doors. I'll lock them when I want them locked.

Welcome to McDonalds, would you like to try our super value number.... shut up and let me order, If I want it, I'll tell you so......... and no, I don't want an apple pie with that.

78 cents is your change, thank you, and would you like to donate your change to........... No, why do I get harassed for handouts every time I shop here..... If I want to donate, I will do so.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

wouldyou like reciept?,
    (ofcourse):push "yes"..
    would you like a carwash?
    push "no", just the receipt please its-15; stupid gas pump...
    That's two bad vista reviews today.I understand completely blackjack, I don't think its you, you don't need to be hand-held through a relatively obvious procedure.. I'm not changing from xp until they kickin my door and force it on me. or to go to linux.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I get waves of what you speak of when I walk down the toilet paper isle and see pictures of babies and puppied staring at me from every package. Do I want to wipe me arse with either?

As far as Vista goes? I can't stand that black screen whenever you want to make an "administrative' change to the system. They borrowed that from OSX (mac) or Linux

Every time I walk by a pistol it gives me a sirens call.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Would you like to continue in English? Press A

What is aggravating you is called nannyism. M$ wants very much to make life easier by taking longer than it should, and satisfy their appetite for data. Most of what it wants you to do is saved, and is accessible to M$ which queries your machine now and then (if you are web enabled) and reports "innocuous" data to the PTB for "improvement" of the M$ experience. I have a friend that loves Vista. I don't know why, he is the only one of about 2 dozen that I know that have tried it. M$ is taking the long view, trying to make life easier and eliminate all thinking from the computer experience. Get used to it, love it, we want you happy without thought or learning anything except what we tell you in the advertisements. You don't have to read the directions (as if they were comprehensible anyhow.)

Your frustrations are common among Vista tryers. It will NOT let you do anything without bugging the shit out of you. Just like that idiot paperclip that attaches itself to every document you want to do in Office 2003 used to do to me. (I killed it before I ventilated the monitor with .357 inch holes.)

5. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Maybe that vistalite thing that microsoft says is bad just might cut out a lot of those bells and whistles.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's the "Nanny State" and the Gov. really wants to help...........[lolol]

7. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Every time I call my credit card company they ask me if I would like to purchase their ______ policy. My answer never changes, and I got your offer in the mail, why do you keep asking me?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7