I'm back from Commifornia!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Patch, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Hello everyone. I am back from an unexpected trip to Commifornia. I have a lot of catching up to do. I forgot my Chromebook and message boards on a phone are a real PITA, which is what was the cause of my disappearance. So, I'm back and have a bit of reading to do to catch up with all you monkeys hanging from the tree of life and laughter. I hope everyone is well and that survivalmonkey is continuing on as normal. I've got stuff to do, like start to unpack, wash some clothes and maybe even wash the Commifornia off of myself. I'm glad to be back, both at home and here on the tree.

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

You made it out alive???

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Why did you want to leave The CDR... Commieifornia Demokratische Republik? What was your hurry?

769bb8decca2_sf_6.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I was being chased by those "Crazy Mexicans" Officer.... You know the Low Rider Kind... and I am never coming back....
    Statement from 1984...

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hope you didn't bring any leftist ideology back with you.

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Sorry you had to endure such a trial :(

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well glad to have you back, and glad you made it out of there without being transformed to the dark side.

8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

we're going to need proof of your successful completion of decontamination (target photo will do)
    :)

9. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

So good to be home. My own bed, coffee cup, chair, shower, etc...

1) I unpacked and washed everything. I think I've washed enough to get the Commifornia off of me as well. There are no photos of that, @Idahoser. I don't think anyone wants to see decontamination photos. It is still amazing to me after all my time in the military and other travels how comfortable it is to use my own shower.
    2) I fondled my pistols, shotgun and a few of my favorite knives. I missed them so much. Not having them as part of my EDC was a terrible feeling.
    3) I fondled my wife. I missed her too.
    4) My own familiar chair and coffee cup. So relaxing.
    5) My own bed and pillow with no unfamiliar sounds (sirens) in the background. Also being able to reach over a feel that comforting feeling of my pistol in the mattress side holster. I didn't think I was that tired, but two really good nights of sleep and a long nap yesterday....WONDERFUL.
    6) My grandson. I am not a fan of little ones. I didn't even like my own kids when they where little. Until they can understand yes, no and leave me alone for 5 minutes, I have a hard time with little ones. I actually missed playing with my grandson every afternoon.
    7) I missed my test for my HAM license. I have to reschedule that. I also need to get my nose back in the books, as I didn't do any studying. Nor did I feel like it while I was there. Dealing with the different members of the family on differing days and in differing cities was tiring...Sacramento (nightmare), Woodlands, Vacaville and Modesto. Too many cities and family members and all with differing perspectives on the disposition of my mom's property and things.
    8) I have several things to do, that didn't get taken care of while I was gone. Windshield Wipers, really, how difficult is that?

I believe, not sure, that I mentioned my mother's passing in a previous post. She passed in Aug and I thought I had most of the checklist items taken care of. WRONG! I forgot about family and the nature of people vs money/property. WOW, I knew my side of the family was messed up, but the ugly side came out of all of them. I have learned a very important lesson...do not leave any 'grey areas' in my will. It will be black and white with nothing left out. Everything will be described and designated in my will with any 'side items' being sold and profits going specifically to a charity that I designate. There will be no questions or arguments over what I leave behind. I am going to add a catch line...Anything, physical property, physical items, intellectual or financial property not specifically covered is to sold and given to ....

Anyways, I have some stuff to take care of today. It is good to be back and Thank You for the welcomes back to the tree from all you monkeys.

Alf60, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7