I'm concerned...

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Cousin Jack, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

...of the apparent lack of Zombie activity as of late.

I fear that if we become complacent, an attack will only catch us off guard. Just because we don't see them, doesn't mean that they aren't out there!

Always remember: if you see a zombie crossing the road, be careful...Where there's one zombie you will always find more! [nothome]

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm concerned for you my friend!

3. Cousin Jack

yeah...I bet...Do you really think that I am going to fall for: "I'm concerned for you my friend?" You just want to eat my brains don't you!? :shock:

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have heard squirrel brains are a delicacy! [beer]

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It must be so, I've heard it too. Best in skimmed ectoplasm.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

:lol:, I bought the "Zombi Survival Guide" a few weeksback when I was in KY... I paged through it at the bookstore and thought it was tongue in cheek but that there might be a few good scenarios... Nope... All Zombie.

If I were to be attacked by the horde, I'd know what to do. But, IIRC. Zombies don't like mountain tops...

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Silly Monkeys...PIRATES...the Pirates always win!

Pirates are way cool..... [beer]

8. Cousin Jack

Ever seen the movie: "the Fog"?

Those are pirate leper zombies! Aaaargh!

9. Cousin Jack

What's your first line of defense? I would love to get my hands on a flame thrower...is it too late to ask Santa?

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Malotov cocktails are a cheaper alternative. Just don't use them in your house. Personally, I am thinking AK with a 100 rd. drum. I would like the read the Zombie Survival Guide. I bet it's pretty funny, with almost no revelent tactics or information though. I would probably be dumber for reading it, but that hasn't stopped me in the past. [looksharp]

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Did you guys ever watch this movie before? --> ZOMBIE MOVIE

It's a pretty low budget short film, but I find it entertaining. And insightful, in a way.

12. Cousin Jack

In the spirit of this thread, I named the push dagger that I just finished, the Zombie dispatch dagger :D

13. Cousin Jack

I've got long range, and extreme short range zombie dispatch weapons...I need something in the mid-range. For the 10 to 300 yard range.

I am thinking about the AR180B or even the Kel-Tec SU-16c...any input on the matter would be appreciated! :D

14. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Could always combine the 2 ideas and put the molitovs in a potatoe gun. Now that just sounds like fun! b:: [peep]

15. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Did you know that a Flame Thrower is not a NFA weapon?
    Napalm is resticted IIRC but the unit is not even a Firearm...

16. E.L.

That was pretty entertaining. Thank God and the tech'ies for hi-speed internet.
    I would think it would be obvious, that if you had that kind of time to have the survivors live together, and of course to build a wall around one of the houses and outlying buildings. A walled complex would keep them at bay. I would have been cutting down trees every day for that purpose. Then again, I have already thought way too much about the matter.

17. Cousin Jack

Yes...but if you follow the progression of the zombie documentaries (ahem...movies) you will find that each new generation of zombies is getting more and more intelligent.

Soon they will be able to replicate accomplishments previously monoplized only by intelligent living individuals...until then they will have to settle for the more remedial and mundane of tasks, such as running for office. Being a senator or representative is every zombies goal (besides eating brains).

18. E.L.

Cousin Jack, you being our resident zombie expert, would a .22 shot to the head be enough to stop a zombie? If so, wouldn't a 10/22 be a optimal zombie killing rifle, you could carry lots of ammo, easily a couple thousand rounds, and with 50 and 30 round mags, have quite the magazine capacity. Personally though, I think it is too small, and would opt for the 7.62x39. I love the AK, more and more everyday.

19. Cousin Jack

I would question the penetrating power of the .22...You need to pierce through the thick cranial cap and puncture grey matter, hopefully disturbing the necessary neurons, in order to stop a zombie. Perhaps the .17 will do the trick? dunno...

This may sound foolish, but is 7.62x39 ammo plentiful? Maybe I should be considering an AK?

20. E.L.

The prices have gone way up recently, I am not sure why though. I expect part of it is a result of shipping cost due to the high rise in fuel. Some of the typical warehouses don't have it right now either. I wouldn't be concerned. I have enough ;) for now at least. I bet within the next couple of months it will be back to previous levels. You might want to reconsider and buy an AK, or build one. I never thought I would like them, having AR's and others beforehand. I do like the AK though, as much or better.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7