I'm concerned...

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Cousin Jack, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am glad you liked the movie, E.L.!! I fully agree with you on the wall deal. I would have also located myself nearer to that power plant in order to defend it. By limiting the avenues your enemy can take, you can effectively control their positions of attack and not only increase your fatality ratings, but also protect your own life more successfully.

I also prefer the AK 47 over the M16 variants which I have previously trained with in the Army. I can take my AK and do some pretty nasty things to it and it will still fire every time. It is a rugged and dependable weapon, and it deserves to be included into any person's arsenal. The 7.62x39 is a one shot - one kill round, unlike the NATO 5.56. Although, the 5.45x45 round for the AK74 is slightly more accurate and more stable, it only accepts my approval because the rounds have a small pocket inside them which allows for an unpredictable path once impact has occured. This allows for greater damage and maximizes the potential of the round. At least, this is what I am told. I still prefer the 7.62...it is perfection to me.

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

HEY!!I'm the only ectoplasm around here, that ain't funny. I am not, do not know, or anyway associate with zombies. This is a union" job, and the shop steward keeps the rule book handy.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

One of these days someone is going to have to make a decent zombie movie. One where the survivors are not a bunch of idiots. The guy with the model 870 in this movie was as about as smart as any I have seen in the zombie films. Either they are idiots, or they are the tactical wann-a-be's like in the "Resident Evil" movies shooting with full auto pistols in each hand. It would be interesting to see one where they use sound tactics and discipline, with thought to armament and survival. Now that would be cool. I do have to admit though, "Sean of the Dead" was pretty damned funny!

4. Brokor

lol, very true! And drinking moonshine while camped out in the middle of nowhere AND with no gun on you is REAL SMART considering how they attract so many zombies.

I always laugh at that part where the weird guy confronts them at the store and is like "Ghaaa what are you doing in my store??!!" [gun]

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well if you were going that route just make sure NOT to get the hollow point ammo. Round nose with a direct shot (not angled for a richotchet) should penetrate at fairly close range. I know up to about 15 yards if they hit straight then the round nosed .22 lr rounds will penetrate a bull or hogs skull and drop them in their tracks. Other than that if you dump 10 or more into the zombie then it should still be quite effective and you are still at less cost and about the same price as 1 round of a lot of other ammo. That said I tend to like the idea of the AK better myself, but would either have the 10/22 or the shoti (probably both) as back ups though.

6. E.L.

The one tactic that you don't ever see in these movies is a individual with a gun, and lots of ammo on a elevated position just taking them out with headshots. You might see this done to a few, but not to eliminate the entire zombie horde. A couple of thousand rounds, elevated position, a decent rifle, you could make short work of them.

7. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

That's because zombies only attack in "occupied territory"...remember my post about zombies striving to pursue seats in gov't? First they disarm us..then they eat our brains.

8. E.L.

As I work for the Govt., I can attest that this is true.

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Don't y'all ever tell me I'm weird , ever again. :D

10. Cousin Jack

You're weird. o_O :D

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You're weird. b:: b:: :lol: :D

12. CRC

Well..maybe..but it's a good weird...Not a zombie weird.... [beat]

13. Brokor

Zombies are just misunderstood. Anybody catch one of the last episodes of the X-Files season 9? Moulder asked "Why is it that nobody ever portrays zombies dancing with each other and then going to bed to have sex?" "If I was a zombie, I would want to have sex and walz with some other attractive zombie."

of course, I paraphrase...

And at the end, the zombies break through the earth and start dancing with each other. Haha, great episode. :D

14. CRC

Sounds like that Michael Jackson video..... ;)

I still maintain that Pirates are the coolest ever.....I would love to be a Pirate!

How freakin cool would that be??

15. E.L.

It's all fun and games until you are drawn and quartered.

16. Cousin Jack

I'm afraid that you wouldn't make it as a pirate....First you would feel bad for wanting to steal from anyone, and then you would cry thinking about the impact that your pirating would have on their family.

Poor little Timmy...If only I hadn't stolen those gold dublooms from his pappy, then he could have had that life saving surgery....Now Timmy will probably not live to marry and have little babies of his own...*sniff* WAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Then you would just feel sorry for yourself while thinking: "Oh how I wish that I was a zombie...then I wouldn't feel bad for stealing, and I could eat brains too! How freakin cool would that be?"

17. CRC

Nah....I'd be like that girl in Pirates of The Carribean...and get Johnny Depp in the end.. :D

Seriously...think how cool it would be...I envy women pirates, women who threw caution to the wind to brave the high seas, living with and besting the most nefarious of men...(I love that word...nefarious.. ;) ) You get to drink rum...and grog...ok..so the food wasn't that good.......that could be overcome.....

AND you get to dress so cool too! You could wear pants...or do the wench thing when you want to appear helpless....element of surprise! AND you get a sword...and those cool guns...

Yep...I wanna be a pirate...
    piratewenches_390.

18. CRC

OR...you could always go for the really cool look sometimes and do this...
    pirate_125.

19. CRC

Taaa Daaaa!!!!!

http://www.fernandinapirates.com/

Check out the Scrapbook! I know a lot of these people..This is right where I live! They have a pirate club!

Oooooh..they are in soooo much trouble now! :D

20. Brokor

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7