I'm Giving A Custom Knife Away

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Congratulations roscoe on the win, sorry for your loss of a great friend.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Roscoe? What they all said....So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.....

and Congrats on the knife!

3. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

OK, let me start by saying I have been welding and machining metal for a living for 27 years. Valkman knows how to craft a knife. His grind is beautiful, which believe me is no small feat. There are no gaps between handle and tang, even the rivets have a design in them. Even though the knife design looks simple, it is well thought out. When holding it, my hand glides right into position, ready to work. Even the slight bulge where my pinkie goes is perfect for leverage when skinning. I get the impression that I could cut a car door open, then pull out a splinter with it, very nice balance. The wrist strap is braided leather, very classy.Thank you Valkman, it is an honor to accept this from you! [beer]

Oh yeah, I don't see any handle cracks!

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That knife was not a second - the first knife I offered was but I wound up giving that to Rooster and gave this one instead. It's a worker for sure with that blade shape, and Cousin jack did a super job on the lanyard.

Maybe I should ressurect that as a model! :)

Glad you won Roscoe!

Edit: I un-stickied this.

§σ€ξρκ™

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

§σ€ξρκ™
    §σ€ξρκ™ [beer]

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Urk? :eek: [beat]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7