Energy I'm looking to install grid tied solar with shtf options

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by oil pan 4, Jun 24, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well I sold all those panels for $2,500.
    So they payed for them selves and then some in under a year. I figured I would sell a few.
    One of the problems with trying to hook them up to the grid was they did have manufacturer stickers.
    I will probably order another pallet keep some for my 6kwh warehouse tug battery backup.

I'm talking to green solar out of California.
    They recommend 32, 300w LG panels on enphase micro inverters.
    Problem with those is when the power goes out they're useless. At that point all the panels are doing is keeping the sun off your roof.
    They tell me I don't want a string inverter.
    And if I want backup power I should get their [power wall knockoff] that starts at $17,000. The details and specifications on their power wall knockoff are pretty vague. Is it a one and done backup, I can't even tell if it's capable of charging without a grid connection. So I'm going to have to assume no. It does not appear to be a hybrid inverter, more like a standalone add on battery backup that automatically kick in.
    At least cheap sunny boy TL series inverters can produce 120v 60hz power with no batteries while the sun is out.
    The reason why I would want this escapes them.

As a backup I can aways get a few charge controllers, I have MC4 connectors I could disconnect some of the panels, run probably 2 in series times the limit in parallel. But 8 panels maxes out the charge rate on my warehouse tug battery.
    Another 6 and I'm running the inverter at full power while full power charging the batteries.

techsar and BenP like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Next week I get the site inspection.
    This will at get panels on the roof.

techsar and sourdough145 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7