I'm sick of snow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jan 27, 2011.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, after enduring 32" in one storm two weeks ago, followed by an ice storm and then another 8" last week, the weather man predicted 6" - 8" last night. I awoke to 19" this morning. We've had over 60" in January alone. this morning, my door was blocked by snow. I had to push it open by inches then start digging with my hands until it would fully open. I couldn't see the vehicles since the drifts buried my truck. I shoved a path out to the vehicles and shoveled as much as I could. Luckily, a friend who owns a farm up the road came down with one of his big tractors and a bucket. the end of my driveway had almost 5 ft of packed ice and snow from the plow trucks. If my friend hadn't showed up, I'd be there until spring.

Thought you Floridians might enjoy a few photos of what you're missing. I just got to the shop and snapped these. You can barely make out the truck in the first one
    Buried Truck.JPG Parking Lot.JPG Roof.JPG

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Snow is a 4 letter word.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Another pretty shot. Note depth of snow beyond the plow area
    Snow Depth.JPG

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mw4xI4xkeyo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

Boat Drinks! :)

"This morning? I shot 6 holes in my freezer....I think I got Cabin Fever...." ;)

I gotta go where it's WARM....

5. RightHand

Just what I need to see to remember the whole world isn't frozen

6. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry RH....:(

It helps me when I think Spring is never coming...You know you're a parrothead when Jimmy announces tour dates, instead of looking for the flowers blooming....and I'm going to Tampa in April...so I KNOW Spring is coming....

And now that we know Jimmy is ok, the jokes have begun about his fall....and I've been right in the middle of them...:oops:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7