I'm thinking about buying a Springfield XD .45

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by captain_nasty, Sep 4, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I've heard that the Gen 5 Glocks are made out of soy and corn starch.

2. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

I am still trying to get my hands on one of those ceramic Glocks ... you know, the ones that cost more than you make in a month. :D

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Flour, salt, and a touch of water, carve your own.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Monkey+

I too, have that. Love it. It has never failed to go bang. I will placing it on a BOB and going back to a 1911 for daily carry. The double stack .45 mag makes for a rather large grip. It is so comfortable, I never noticed until I had it a spell. No regrets though, just not the right fit.

First post... gotta tell ya, I love this Smilie [CRC] Never seen it anywhere else.

5. melbo

Yeah. We're Smilie pioneers.

Welcome aboard.

edit: Oh man, I just noticed what the code to place that Smilie was
    Code:
    [CRC]
    Totally forgot about that. She's a member here.

6. ghrit

There are a couple others attached to some other members. Been waiting for someone to notice for nigh on two years --- :lol: :D

[beat](You may start your search --) [LMAO]

[monkeyeating]seesaw [boozingbuddies] [ghrit]

[welcomeLG] to the cage, Space Ghost!!!

7. melbo

Not easy to spot because the 'hover over' text doesn't give them away. I saw it on an edit

8. ghrit

The PLAN, the PLAN -- :D

Sh*t. Gotta find another thing to hide in plain sight.

9. bartp40

bartp40 Monkey+

XD-45s

The wife and I got ours by going to the millionaire's chiropractor shooting school south of Pahrump. THey have pallet loads. We went through the four day defensive handgun course. The XD never had a hiccup. The "free" holster and mag pouch is trash. I replaced the holster and mag pouch with Blade Tech straight draw and twin mag pouch.

After I got the pistol back when I got home, I got a big dot sight set up. The big dot is much better than the stock front sight. I bought the big dot sights then sent it back to Springfield to install. You can not beat out the front sight by yourself.

I thought the wife would have wanted a 9mm. She wanted a 45 ACP! She never have any problems with the recoil or operating it. She said that it is easier to operate than her .380 (blow back).

10. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Didn't realize the Dr. was a chiropractor -- I'm going (2nd time) in January. This time I'll be able to use my XDm, rather than an old CZ82. Those older pistols make it difficult to do some of the drills in adequate time.

11. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Them's good words to live by :^)

12. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You do realize that the big dot sights make it very hard to shoot at a distance? It's a common complaint on the XD Forums - those sights are great for close up shooting but that's it. I'll stick with regular size sights.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7