Improving Your "SKILL AT ARMS"

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Watchman220, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Watchman220

Watchman220 Watchman

I have looked for a place to post this. It is a training facility with which I am involved. I have taken some training here for my Concealed Carry Permit in Arizona...but they offer so much more. Please excuse me admins if this is the wrong place to put this, but I wanted to share with people what has been on my mind about prepping for skill arms.

I have put much thought into the preparation of my "Skill At Arms". I was previously not a guy that even owned guns.

In the spirit of a prepper/survivalist, I considered what I might do if food is not available in stores, and my food storage runs out. Enter...guns.

If nothing else...I felt I should learn about different guns, calibers, ammo, shooting, technique, tactics for self-defense and hunting. I have a long way to go.
    But I have picked up a couple shotguns, a couple 22 rifles, and an AK-47.

My intent is to use these tools to hunt food and for physical protection. Locally in my area, I have been taking some training with SHOTS Ranch. In Arizona. Since then I have begun to get involved in sharing about what SHOTS Ranch does.

They offer a ton of different skill improvement courses for a range of different firearms. If you do not consider SHOTS Ranch...I suggest you at least consider somewhere to go and learn more about where to get some quality training.

"SKILL AT ARMS" is a learned skill that requires continued practice to keep the skill level sharp. Kind of like riding a bike. Is there anywhere else that you guys suggest would be a good place to learn these kinds of skills?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Watchman, you will not go wrong taking a weekend Appleseed Shoot under your belt. They will get your mind around the skill and art of the rifleman and go a long way toward gaining and maintaining skill at arms. You can find the Revolutionary War Veterans Association that runs these shoots with a quick google, and for sure there are some in AZ as well as the rest of the 50 states. I've been to two (haven't qualified riflemean yet) and I can tell you, you will come off the range tired after 600 or 700 rounds in two days, but you'll know what you need to work on and what doesn't.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7