Improvised Weapon Mounting And Storage Solutions

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Nov 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The problem is that they will confiscate it even if they aren't looking for guns because the flag will surely have offended someone.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Looks like I was ahead of the trend..... coulda been a millionaire. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Sales of gun concealment furniture have been steadily rising as gun sales have surged. (GunBed.net)

Rising gun sales have triggered a new trend in furniture fashion -- coffee tables, cabinets, headboards and hutches with secret compartments for firearms.

'Gun concealment furniture' sales, once the province of solitary craftsmen making custom goods have gone mainstream, allowing firearms owners to maintain easy in-home access to hidden handguns and rifles.

“There are a lot of people who don’t want a big iron safe,” said Dan Ingram, owner of NJ Concealment Furniture, based in Hampton, N.J. “There are a lot of people who don’t even have room for one, but they still need someplace to safely store their guns.”

Ingram, a longtime cabinet maker, started building the special furniture four years ago after getting inspiration from the online gun community.

“At the time, I was on a lot of online gun forums and there was a constant complaint,” he said. “People wanted something with quick access when they needed their weapons to keep their homes safe which is why they bought the guns in the first place.

Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    Furniture maker Dan Ingram says more people are looking for alternatives for storing firearms in the home. (NJconceal.com)

Ingram’s first design was a simple nightstand with a side compartment to hold a pistol. From there, he began designing and fabricating other items, such as wall shelves, coat racks, desks and hutches. Soon the specialty line became the company mission.

“I eventually closed my main cabinetry business,” he said, adding that he has seen more and more interest in his products as gun sales have gone up.

His products draw a steady stream of curious future customers at gun shows, Ingram said.

Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    A coffee table from Ingram's NJ workshop. (NJconceal.co)

Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    Shelves like this one have proven to be one of the more popular and most affordable options. (NJconceal.co)

“We often draw a crowd of 30-40 people looking at our products," he said. "They wind up calling their friends over to check it out.”

Small and large furniture manufacturers alike are coming up with more creative ways to design furniture that not only provides safe keeping, but also easy access.

Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    A corner hutch unit with secret panels for rifle storage.

Major outdoor outfitters including Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops sell ottomans, benches and other furniture with built-in, locking gun compartments. Smaller furniture companies including Stealth Furniture, Secret Compartment Furniture and Heracles Research also specialize in gun concealment furniture.

Michigan inventor Frank Marshall built a headboard that enables anyone lying on the bed to go from dream to draw in one quick motion - provided the built-in safety latch is unlocked.

Dubbed The Gun Bed, Marshall's creation hides a 12-gauge shotgun behind a spring-loaded panel that, when pressed, drops the gun in the owner's hands.

“It has no place to go but your hands,” Marshall said.

A key challenge for Ingram and other manufacturers is to make the furniture as secure as a traditional gun safe, to ensure against household accidence or children getting their hands on the weapons.

“I come from a law-enforcement family, so we all grew up with a shotgun in the bedroom,” Marshall said. "But my grandkids did not grow up that way, and when they were running through my house during a visit, I realized I needed a way to safely store my shot gun, but still have a way to quickly get to it if needed during a home invasion.”

Marshall has employed the help of a cabinet maker to help with manufacture, and while his business is in its infancy, demand and interest in his Gun Bed has grown.

“We sold just under 100, but we are getting more and more inquiries every day,” he told FoxNews.com. “There seems to be a growing demand, and I think it’s tied to people’s concern about the economy and where things may be headed."
    Furniture firepower: Gun sales drive specialty 'concealment' craze | Fox News

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Very nice thread, thanks for posting all the cool hide away gun storage Ideas. I wont post a picture of my own . Its not pretty but it is very good at hiding all of our guns.

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Now show me one that will also prevent detection from a metal detector, in case Hillaberg "common sense" style confiscation starts to happen... I suppose using other metals like plumbing or ducting would come into play.

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Check out the following video on Ground penetrating Radar...

Seems that under your pool is a great place to consider placing a cache or like most monkeys your local lake...

7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Mine will ( defeat a metal detector) but I cant show you . Also defeat gun sniffing dogs.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If you can beat dogs, you have something.
    I've seen the footage of a bloodhound that picked up the scent off a four day old pop can, and led the cops directly to the new hiding place of an escaped con. They went right down a busy road, and a good fast walk, despite traffic, other people, and cars, food vendors, and the dog never missed a step.
    Thry can sniff out drugs, because they smell everything present, not just the cover scent, and can smell drugs sealed inside plastic, submerged in the gas tank of the car transporting it.
    (A deer's nose, is even better than the bloodhound's nose.)

arleigh and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Ganado, HK_User, 3M-TA3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

11. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. Yard Dart

upload_2017-6-15_19-27-19.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. Unique

Unique Monkey

I read on another forum that he was paroled some time in 2013

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

After my wife and I move next year I am going to either build that or have it built. The gun safe will be in the basement in what will look like a storage room that I will build around it. In the master bedroom closet will be my parent's old safe with enough iron inside to make it weigh just heavy enough for thieves to cart off. So heavy it must be full of silver and gold... The door will also be epoxied into place as well as locked. Too bad there would be no way to get a picture of their faces when they finally open it...

Ganado likes this.
  16. Yard Dart

upload_2017-10-27_21-23-51.

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Needs a false front showing trays jammed with nasty looking food :)

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  18. Yard Dart

upload_2017-10-31_19-4-43.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and 3M-TA3 like this.
  19. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

1. JC Refuge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. stg58
  4. duane
  5. Motomom34