In-Laws got me the "ultimate" survival tool :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

[​IMG]

My in-laws got me this........... thing? for xmas.

Now I love my in-laws. No, really, I do. And this.... thing is certainly useful, it's just a hideous piece of crap though. They buy a lotta crap, but their hearts are in the right place.

Here it is http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/...&G=381&Kwd=flashlight&Item=403682-8FHT&Page=1

The solar flashlight part is handy, but the compass and knife are pretty lame, and god this thing is ugly. Some 12 year old Chinese girl probably got paid 2 cents to put the thing together.

2. sci

sci Monkey+++

Did you get the Bear, Deer, or Fish model?

You could always drop it in the woods and tell your in-laws: "I set it down for one second and it was just so woodsy that I couldn't pick it out."

3. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I don't know if that would work. They may buy him two the next time so if he loses one, he'll still have the other one. Haha.

Could have been worse. Could have been that singing fish wall plaque. Now that thing is annoying.

Just put it up in your attic or shed and when they ask where it is, tell them it's in a special spot for emergencies. Haha.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Mine is the deer model.

And Tailor.... They already got me the singing fish years ago!!
    No joke :)

5. sci

sci Monkey+++

My uncle got his wife a bearskin rug that talks, but it's only only acceptable because it talks dirty.

"How about a nice Swedish massage? How much for a happy ending?"

"Why don't I give you a big, pink hickey on your... ankle?"

"Looks like somebody shaved down under today!"

"Ladies, come lay on me, I'm ready for anything."

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Did they get you one of these?
    bigras.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Go ahead, hide that muthuh under your trench coat. No space left for clothes --

8. TailorMadeHell

WTH? That is about as bad as that $900 swiss army knife thing. Oh well, someone had to make the mistake so the rest of us didn't. Haha.

I hate that singing fish. Hammer time. Haha. Makes for good target practice.

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[dunno]The perfect gift for any outdoor person!
    • Available in three woodsy styles, these sturdy, take-anywhere cold cast ceramic and plastic essentials have the appearance of real wood.
    • Select from Bear, Deer and Fish.
    • Solar-powered flashlight operates off sunlight instead of batteries.
    • Also features a built-in compass and retractable knife in the handle.
    • Each measures 7-1/8" x 2-5/8".
    Well you certainly are "any outdoor person"..
    I know , my mom sent me a "siurvival knife one year with the vinyl sheath., ball compass on the handle the tang was about 3/4 inch long threaded into the cast alum handle......po crap, but she meant well.

10. TailorMadeHell

I remember a gift a family member got me. They meant well and it was cool though not for functional use.

It was a very shiny survival knife. Had a gold eagle painted on the side and you could have used it to signal aliens from the glare. The sheath was a real hard plastic that wouldn't have bent unless you had used a blow torch. The blade was made in Pakistan or some such.

Family try and sometimes they get it right. This time it was useless for 'sneaking'. Haha.

11. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

More than one of their gifts found it's way onto the gun range :) My favorite was the singing, dancing dog in a raincoat w/ umbrella. FIRE!

12. TailorMadeHell

[applaud] Pull. [gun2] Haha.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

posted a picture for you BlackJack

14. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Ah, Thank You!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7