Independence Day**Remembrance

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Minuteman, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

As many people get out tomorrow and go to the lake or have friends and family over for backyard Barbeques and celebrations I have to look at the state of country and wonder "What are we celebrating?". Is this really a time to rejoice in our "independence". Would the people who fought and died to win that freedom be celebrating with us if they could see our world today?
    No I don't see much to celebrate. I would suggest, that for a moment anyway, we stop, put down the beer and the hamburger, and reflect on what this day commemorates, on the sacrifices made, and just how much we have failed to uphold the honor and the legacy that those sacrifices gave us.

This is from a newsletter I get;
    ++ A CERTAIN SADNESS, REGARDING INDEPENDENCE DAY 2013

Being a student of history, Independence day, which we celebrate on the 4th of July, has always been one of my favorite holidays. It is a time to celebrate the sacrifices made by our founding fathers during an 8 year long war to ensure the citizens of that day as well as those of us afar off, that we have certain inalienable rights. The most important of which are the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (the right to own and control your own personal property).

The reason for my certain level of sadness is that we the people have allowed ourselves to be subjected to a rather high level of tyranny, rather than desiring to live at a high level of liberty with all of liberty’s inherent risks of failure balanced with the opportunities for reward. Even sadder, many of our neighbors and friends don’t even realize that they are now living on the plantation of big government rules, regulations and oppression. Worse than the situation leading up to the original signing day, where one of the problems was “taxation without representation”, today we have representation without taxation, which creates a new kind of problem. Now that the parasite class of leeches have grown so large, they now have political power, to fight a “righting of the ship” power to fight an effort to correct an equally bad situation.

Bottom line, going forward, we have 3 choices. First choice, subject ourselves to an ever growing level of tyrannical controls over our lives and higher taxes to pay for an ever growing size of government as well as the massive costs associated with keeping people dependent for future election successes. Second choice, we can move toward seceding from the Nation, whether that might be done peacefully or by war. The 3rd choice is for our lawmakers to get on board with the nullification and interposition movement. As for me, the one option that is unacceptable is the first one. I believe the 3rd option is the best to pursue at this time, but it will take electing lawmakers who are very principled, and their hearts must be full of courage.

Why don’t you spend a little time this Thursday reflecting upon these thoughts and ask yourself, what are you willing to do to once again restore liberty to the Union and your own personal lives? To better understand “nullification and interposition” check out Oklahoma Liberty | .

A Visitor from the Past....

I had a dream the other night, I didn't understand.

A figure walking through the mist, with flintlock in his hand.

His clothes were torn and dirty, as he stood there by the bed, he took off his three-cornered hat, and speaking low, he said:

"We fought a revolution, to secure our liberty.

We wrote the Constitution, as a shield from tyranny, for future generations, this legacy we gave, In this, the land of the free and the home of the brave."

"The freedom we secured for you, we hoped you'd always keep.

But tyrants labored endlessly, while your parents were asleep.

Your freedom gone, your courage lost, you're no more than a slave, in this, the land of the free and the home of the brave."

"You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun, permits to start a business, or to build a place for one.

On land that you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent, although you have no voice in choosing how the money's spent."

"Your children must attend a school that doesn't educate.

Your Christian values can't be taught, according to the state.

You read about the current news, in a regulated press.

You pay a tax you do not owe, to please the I.R.S."

"Your money is no longer made of silver or of gold.

You trade your wealth for paper, so your life can be controlled.

You pay for crimes that make our nation turn from God in shame.

You've taken Satan's number, as you've traded in your name."

"You've given government control to those who do you harm, so they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm, and keep the country deep in debt, put men of God in jail, harass your fellow countrymen, while corrupted courts prevail."

"Your public servants don't uphold the solemn oath they've sworn.

Your daughters visit doctors so their children won't be born.

Your leaders ship artillery and guns to foreign shores, and send your sons to slaughter, fighting other people's wars."

"Can you regain freedom for which we fought and died? Or don't you have the courage or the faith to stand with pride?

Are there no more values for which you'll fight to save? Or do you wish your children to live in fear and be a slave?"

"Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand! Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!

Preserve our great republic and each God-given right, And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!"

As I awoke he vanished, in the mist from which he came. His words were true, we are not free.

We have ourselves to blame.

For even now as tyrants trample each God-given right, we only watch and tremble, too afraid to stand and fight.

If he stood by your bedside, in a dream while you're asleep, and wondered what remains of our rights he fought to keep, what would be your answer, if he called out from the grave?

Is this still the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Or allow it to be repeated.

God bless all who have lost their lives or their freedom in this continuing revolution.

lest we forget;

Harbin, Motomom34, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

+1

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The men who stood at Lexington Bridge knew what it was for, The signers of the D of Ind. knew what it cost, and those rows of grave markers and unknown dead knew. If we do not teach our youth what it means then they will not know--the schools surely do not teach it--just diversity and tolerance. It took men's lives and livelihoods to provide the legacy passed down to us--what we do with it will be ours to the future.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The British could not defeat us militarily, especially with the support of other liberty loving countries, such as France at our side. No, England had other plans, and it took a few generations, but it was accomplished. They turned to simple economics. It always comes down to the numbers...

Happy 4th, for what it's worth.

5. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Well, we sure aren't celebrating freedom.

Brokor likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

If you have never watched this it is well worth the 10 minutes.

Brokor and Minuteman like this.
  7. Minuteman

Very nice MM. That is a classic that all Americans need to watch. Here is another of my favorites;

Brokor likes this.
  8. Minuteman

This is another one that always comes to mind on this day. Remember what we celebrate and why.
    The video quality isn't that great. This song was originally intended to be part of the soundtrack for the movie but the studios found some of the lyrics not PC enough for them and declined to include it.

9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7