Energy Inexpensive US made 320 watt solar panels...

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by techsar, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I called the NON toll free # 951-279-8100 .
    The Pallet is 21 units and only one high.
    Shipping is 350 for pallet of 21 .
    Anyone in Washington Arlington area want to split up a pallet ??
    PM me & I'll order one & deliver
    Sloth

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Just to clarify, that's the shipping you are looking at...$250 for one, but only $350 for 20 panels. So the per unit cost drops steeply as more are purchased. The panel cost is $109 per unit, so $359 if you buy one, 126.50 ea. if you buy 20. :)

Tevin and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

How I wish I were back in the PNW right now.

4. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

Many if not most businesses are dumping their toll-free numbers because on most telephone plans all domestic calls are included. The original purpose of a toll-free number was so customers could avoid paying for a long distance call. But since hardly anyone pays extra for domestic long distance anymore, toll free numbers have no reason to exist. Why should a business pay big $$ for a toll free number when the customers can call for no added charge anyway?

Remember when the TV was choked with commercials for long distance companies begging you to switch to them? And today you never see these ads? That's because there are no "long distance companies" in the traditional sense of the term.

I didn't mean to kick things off topic. I just wanted to point out this detail.

Carry on...

5. Cruisin Sloth

OR !!!
    Making a International call from outside of the USSA , You need to have just a regular # .

Paul , I can hold them at the Arlington plant or a few buddy's places .
    Were getting ready for the showing of the Midnite Special this sept if all the Patents are approved. They would be in safe hands. (ps, ya get the 220 leds from ??where i sent them ?)
    Sloth
    Edit Add & DUH Sloth ,Paul is in Asia & shipping them there from USA is nuts !! DUH !
    Cheaper in Asia im sure .
    Sorry Paul , brain fluff Phhht .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

LOL. It's all good, man.

Yepper. Sorry for not remembering to tell ya. Received in great condition.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Well, it's been one year since the panels have been added. So far, they have shown no loss of output. Yay!

On a related note, the Midnite Classic 150 does a great job in conjunction with the panels.

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Two ways to test the supply system off the combiner . You test the mean ~ of the panels if in series , But then you need two DVMs.
    What firmware have you got loaded in the Classic 150 & the MNGP ?
    @techsar

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Actually was checking each panel at the connectors. Backprobes for voltage, clamp on ammeter...
    Firmware:
    MGNP 1933: 01/08/2015
    Classic 1923: 12/18/2014
    CL23647

10. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Wow. I bought 3 Arco-Siemans 75 watt panels in 1992. They cost me $450 each!
    I'm thinking about new ones for the RV.

11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Indeed! The price of panels has recently tumbled..I've seen some as low as .33/watt (plus shipping or course) but most of those are Chinese mfg.

12. Cruisin Sloth

Thats kinda old , so I have run up to 2126 But went back to a stable 2079 on classic 150 & 2054 on MNGP for how i like the setup .
    I grab all the setup with local app & record it , update firmware & do a factory reboot & then reload all my settings back.

Im not into a talking classic, Auzi girl voice & a nice picture beside ~~```I might !! ;)
    Here is the script :

3 hr download for speech :

Attached Files:

techsar likes this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

techsar likes this.
  14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Thanks for links, @Cruisin Sloth ...I did want to ask first, though...is the 2126 less stable than the 2079 firmware, or just "different?"

Again, Thanks!

15. Cruisin Sloth

It's different for WHAT I use & need
    Im harvesting 85-89 Amps per Classic (5) and I need Follow me with many side functions , So a rain day is automatic & NO extra is turned due to the rain meter has set a choice . Cloud for a few days & low on harvest , Genset Auto start has it lights up (saying next 09:00 the diesel may start, but if full sun & harvest is on , then the Genset is off but lights are still on till Float is reached & all is reset ).
    Thats why for me !
    Like I said , NO or EVER two systems are alike or the same !! Even mine !!!
    Sloth

16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That's why I added a wind mill to my system $500. for 600 watt max out put . unfortunately I don't get 20 mile an hour wind but that'a Ok it's only a contribution to the whole system . but usually when it's over cast , it's also windy.

1. T. Riley
  2. Prepper12
  3. Navyair
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. Cwmoore
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. CrazyJs
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid