Info on the 3% Forum

Discussion in '3 Percent' started by melbo, Mar 5, 2015.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I had to mostly hold my tongue for 22 years in service. Now that I am retired I will be damned if I will let the powers that be (all the way up to and including POTUS) interfere with my 1st amendment rights. I knew this POS SOB POTUS was a LIAR OF THE FIRST ORDER since before he was elected to the top national spot. I often wonder who the congressman who shouted "LIAR" at the president was, and what has happened to him since. He was 100% right and I knew it. Anyone who lies no matter what their position of authority should be called to public scrutiny for the liar they are. I applaud such rare individuals. I am sick and tired of going along to get along. I have sent email rants directly to the idiot in the whitehouse, and could give a crap less who reads them. That POS in the whitehouse is not Emperor or a God, but an elected official subject to the law of the land and every citizen of the country. Almost all of what I have said above applies to that witch Hillary as well.
    Question. Does "Forward Observer" have a forum? Maybe I should hold my more intense rants for there if they do.
    . Okay, I am spent. It was good for me. How about you?

oldawg, Mountainman and vonslob like this.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I'm a little concerned with the 3% forum... Part of the reason that I like the monkey is that we have a more "prepper" oriented forum and less of a militia/militaristic /survivalist (if I can use that term) there are many forums that advocate the 3% I'm not sure that those are the type of discussions that would fit best on the monkey... if a parallel forum was developed under a second site we could have the best of both worlds...

4. melbo

I understand the concern and thought long and hard about wether or not to share some of my favorite off-color authors here. Clearly, SM is not a 'militia/militaristic /survivalist' (in the negative context of each of those words) forum. Perhaps 'Three Percent' isn't the best name for the forum but in historical context, the 3% were the highest form of patriot. Our Founders and those that fought before and with them were the 3%.

The reason that this spot was tucked away is that every author whose prose is being posted here is former or active SF and they write in a way that can be offensive to sensitive ears. For example: I don't think we need the thread title of 'Skull-Stomping Sacred Cows: Resist, Motherfuckers! Resist, in a Way That Matters!' splashed across the front pages of the site ;) However, from this NSFW titled thread, we have this quote (declares not militia/militaristic /survivalist) :
    And another by the same guy (Mosby):
    These guys (and I have more favorites) speak bluntly and use offensive language but they are not 'on the offensive'. They are planning for SHTF scenarios and attempting to teach the skills they picked up in battle.

I think you should scan some of the threads here. There is some great info that would otherwise be posted in the main forum if it weren't for the language. If anyone thinks that the forum should have its name changed, I'm all ears.

Examples:
    Mosby - Auxiliary Functions Within the Tribe | Survival Forums
    Mosby - Why We Suck…And How to Fix That | Survival Forums
    Mosby - There’s a Hole in Your Armor: Overcoming the Threat of Groupthink in the Tribal Construct | Survival Forums
    Mosby - Learning to Teach Means Learning to Learn: Metacognition for Preparedness | Survival Forums

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The 3% Forum is only for Monkeys, and not for Guests, and is not indexed by outside BOTs or WebCrawlers. There was some discussion to make it a Subscriber Only forum, and that was tabled, while we try it out, and get some Feeback, from the Monkey Troop.

6. melbo

Not exactly...
    It's open to anyone, just needs to be intentionally sought out by our members. Monkeys seem more sensitive than others to straight talk...

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

"Straight talk" is something that needs to be re-implemented in general. All of the politically-correct mamby-pamby has done this country an immeasurable harm, from the dumbing down of our educational system to the erosion of our society. Perhaps that is part of the reason profane language has permeated our culture so freely, but to ignore valid content because of "the language" is also wrong.
    I find it refreshing to find a mature forum that chooses to include a section where honest, open discussion and conjecture may occur.
    Have a good evening, and Merci beaucoup!

8. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I am in let me know when and where. I am sick of worrying about who I talk to and what I am reading. Enough is enough. Maybe I am wrong about militias. Damm it I love my country and do not want to see it go down in flames. Please keep this thread so everyone can see it.

Mountainman likes this.
  9. melbo

Perhaps 3% has an automatic connotation as being fringe. How about Patriots as a forum name?

10. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I like the 3% name, it tells a story and has history behind it. I had no idea what 3% meant but now I do

ghrit likes this.
  11. melbo

12. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

There you go doing something that you should not do, thinking PC. Just like everything in this world, if you don't like something or it offends you STFU and don't go there.

techsar and melbo like this.
  13. melbo

Baby steps MM.

14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

LOL, yeah I have a problem with the subtle approach!

Tully Mars and oldawg like this.
  15. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

From now on this will be the first place I stop when I am on the forum. Plan on checking it everyday. I might be one of the more middle of the road monkeys but it speaks to me and look forward to seeing the posts. Maybe it is time for straight talk and quit beating around the bush.

16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

uploadfromtaptalk1427469837898.

This is my vote. And I do suggest keeping cursing to an occasional curse word. After all some things deserve cursing =) and since this is typing it isn't like run on cursing just slips onto the keyboard accidentally[emoji12]

Tully Mars, melbo, techsar and 2 others like this.
  17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

3% Forum, works for me. Patriots if you must, but I would suggest that might confuse us with W.R.

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Just found it.. The small amount of information that I have just read could preserve a life in a bad situation.. YOUR life! My life.. My families life.. Thanks @melbo ..

Yard Dart, Mountainman and Tully Mars like this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but three percenters are getting publicity. I like how the 3% group thoroughly checked this guys story. They are very firm on not receiving negative publicity.
    Ted Visner Asks For Funds For ‘Militia’s 45 — 60 Day Stand’ In Blanchard, Michigan — ‘Three Percenters’ Call Him Out

Tully Mars likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have to say, this has been a great forum to follow and read.... thank you Melbo!!

Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7