Inside the fascinating, bizarre world of ‘Prepper Pinterest’

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Motomom34, Sep 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Must be worth it, you paid and are sticking around.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    john316 likes this.
  2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

How many times have you threatened to ban her though?

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

None. (And I'll take the hit for going off topic in spite of the irrelevant analysis in posts 12 and 18.)

4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

*shrugs*
    ok.
    I'll take your word for it.

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@ghrit you can be as callous as you like but it does take perseverance on this site to stay. Your ratio of males to females is very high. Im not saying that's good or bad, I'm just saying its a good idea to look at why this site isnt thriving. Its been around along time due to the people who are here and due to good managment.

And having said that, there are still area's for improvement. Everytime I suggest an improvement you take it like an attack. Maybe its my direct style of writing. idk but as a leader I would hope you would at least consider what is being said even if you dont like how it is being said.

and to be fair you have given me 2 warnings and called me a trouble maker in pm's. So I know there is no love lost between us, I can still respect that you are a leader on this site and have been here a long time. For those two things I acknowledge you and the other site leaders.

When a leader loses site of the comments of his constituents then he isn't based in reality. Obummer has lost site of what his constituents are saying, I hope the same thing doesn't' happen here. (No I am no saying you or anyone else is like obummer, I am saying I hope it doesn't become like him)

6. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Library time. Right. My personal book collection at the house is twice the size of this town's "library" which primarily consists of outdated encyclopedias and pulp fiction, and is only open 2 hours a day anyway.

Pinterest is what you make of it. If you want to go look for fluffy kitty photos or gunkid wet dreams then that's what you'll find. What I find is a wealth of ideas that give me more ideas, which lead to even more ideas. I understand people who aren't especially creative would find it a waste of time, but it beats the crap out of going to a dusty library an hour away to read old news.

jimLE, john316, kellory and 3 others like this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

On the same theme, recently I received a phone call from a local "store". As soon as I answered the phone I was ask "we have in some xyz just in and just wondered what type you wanted" Now understand the person making the call did not ID themselves or the company they worked for!

I never signed up for or ask for any information about/for that product yet some how I was tagged and a local store called!

Strange at best and scary at worst.

Computer Tracking has gone way past what we think we know.

So just what is "Pinterest"?

And who stands to gain the most from its use?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL! Pax are you being cyber stalked? You are now on the radar.....

There is nothing wrong with stockpiling but you nailed it.
    The passing on of skills. That is something that I often wonder has been lost as generations go on. It really disturbs me. I see a generation of people that cannot read a map or use common sense to get somewhere. If mapquest says circle the block 3 times they will. I watched a kid scroll his phone because he doesn't know his Mom's phone number. He knew how to use a device but without that device he was lost.

9. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

To make it make the most sense, you know how you can bookmark sites on your browser? And you can make folders to put those bookmarks in so you can find the link you're after a little faster?

Well Pinterest is basically the same thing. You create boards instead of folders, and when you come across a site or article or recipe or whatever that you want to bookmark, you "pin" it to whichever board you want it on. You don't need to be on Pinterest's site to do this. You can pin from any site you're on, so if you're on Glock's website and you're all into a gun you see, you can pin that page to your gun board or firearms board or whatever for later reference. You can also search the site itself for other people's bookmarks, or pins. So if you're looking for say, bacon cures, you put in bacon cures, and everyone's bacon cure pins come up. Just like using Google, but with photos. And just like using Google, a lot of random crap comes up sometimes, but a lot of cool stuff too.

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Wrong. Prepping should have no political parties. Survival is survival.

My personal observation-
    I was at a 2A rally. The rally was for our constitutional rights. The speakers were fine for a while then they started bashing liberals. Some people started leaving. Why? Because those people were there to support the Constitution not a political party.

T. Riley, KAS, kellory and 3 others like this.
  11. HK_User

Sounds as if it is a "SUPER COOKIE" site.

OTOH, I most often use the "Private Window Feature" when I am researching most anything.

I will continue to do so and snag what I can and do what little I can to stay private.

So who runs the setup?

Thanks

HK

12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Hanzo, KAS, Pax Mentis and 1 other person like this.
  13. HK_User

A 12 gauge!

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

wut and ruin all that bacon!!! sacrilege[LMAO]!

chelloveck and ditch witch like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just to make my Point Clear... When I talk about a "Library"...... I mean a "College Engineering Library" When I was in Jr. High School, and High School, I spent 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, in the Engineering Library @ the University of Washington, and many Full Days on Saturdays.... This was LONG before the invention of the Internet, and these "Libraries" were where Research Papers, and Published Books with the Information I was interested in, were located. As the Information Age was being invented, I transitioned to the Electronic Access to these institutions, and when the DARPA Internet was born, I was there, OnLine, and using it for my Studies, even though I was long out of College.... I still use my UoW Account to access the Electronic version of the Engineering Library, almost daily. The Internet allows me to live, way out here, but still do the research, that interests me.....

kellory and chelloveck like this.
  16. HK_User

Head Shot!

kellory and Ganado like this.
  17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I was being facetious...but, having said that...liberals cop a lot of criticism from some here, even if much of it is chest thumping tribal rhetoric.

I agree with you as far as prepping being a non-partisan pursuit, .

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Still a waste of good meat:

[​IMG]

Via: Roasted Sweet & Sour Pig Head vs. Recipe Tutorial | Foods Vs.

My mother used to make a very delicious brawn using a pig's head. Lead shot would have made it much chewier.

Cooking With The Whole Pig's Head | Paleo Leap

Making traditional English brawn (cooking forum at permies)

brawn
    [brawn] /brɔn/
    noun
    strong, well-developed muscles.
    muscular strength.
    Chiefly British.

1. a boar's or swine's flesh, especially when boiled and pickled.
    2. headcheese.
    Via: Brawn | Define Brawn at Dictionary.com

19. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

As would I....
    [peep]

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

OK

1. oldman11
  2. Witch Doctor 01