Insomnia

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by munchy, Nov 23, 2011.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Get up at 5am, drink one pot of coffee, work like heck for 12 hours, drink 6 beers or more.......... yall will sleep I guarantee it.

Moatengator likes this.
  2. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

true insomnia defies description and often defies a cure
    often different things will work for a while and then cease working as the body/mind adjusts to them

but a good day in the great outdoors goes a long way to helping me tuck into a good nights sleep

I will try the muscle/counting things
    Thanks

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Melatonin :: Monkey family experience

Melatonin Freaking Miracle Pill.*

*in this monkey family it only works for those individuals with a deficiency of melatonin.

I've had an insomnia issue for years. I take one or two of these. Bam 15 minutes later i'm am so asleep. But it's not asleep like the dead, I can still wake up when the old man in the basement decides to blast a raccoon. Without interruption I'm asleep for 7 hours easy at night.

I should also note that I am not a day person. I can sleep all day and stay awake all night. Which is not very conducive to employment in a 9-5 world. So this might also be an issue. But melatonin resolves for me.

Wife, nada, don't work at all.

oldest daughter, college student, insomnia , study induced, no effect.

teenager, boy, night night just like dad.

grandma, night owl, 10 minutes , boom lights out.

So, your mileage may vary, if you have a deficiency in melatonin, yep, it's going to work. Not a melatonin issue sorry.

Falcon15 likes this.
  4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

The longest I can ever sleep max is 6 hours. Don't matter how tired or what time I go to bed, 6 hours later I'm Wide Awake. Takes about 2 hours for that wake up reflex to wear off. Then I sumtimes been known to crawl in bed for another 6 hours. Dun matter though, I been tired for the last 10 years & no amount of sleep makes me Not Tired. I burned myself out at age 25. I wasn't just burning the candle at both ends back then, I was burning it in the middle as well.

Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  5. beast

beast backwoodsman

tried melatonin, was swallowin up to 10 pills ata time
    what works best for me is working til around 6am
    and goin to bed as the sun rises
    sleep til between 10am and noon then do it again
    but alas the world wants me up at 6am and then i dont sleep for sh*t

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Roommate used to take melatonin, but for some (weird) reason it gave him severe nightmares! I suggested benadryl, and I may have to take my own advice....couldn't hurt!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7