Gear Review Insta tent

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Bishop, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Get ready to head up to Tennessee for the traditional classic bow shoot and decided to get my new tent out to familiarize myself with it well tidt is by far the easiest tent to put up and take down.

Hanzo, arleigh, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Doesn't look like it would fit 4 large people. Great tent, I have never seen one that has folding poles like that. Thanks for saying were you bought it.

PS- nice to see Scout healthy and supervising. :)

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

a little crowd for 4 but it would be ok if no one farted =) nice video for inexpensive and useful good job@Bishop

Bishop, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I Don't generally use a tent and do not presently own one but i would get a 2 second tent, toss it and it pops up on it's own it has built in spring wire no poles couple twists and folds it's packed. and not expensive. tents will leak if anything touches the material in or outside when it rains. Sometimes price is no a factor. InCases of insect swarms, gusting wind, dust sand, sleet tha you don't want direct contact with. You still need warm water resistant clothing consider a tent as another layer because tents fail zippers fly sheet water resistance, rot whatever can happen will.

[​IMG]
    1:45
    Watch later

Seepalaces likes this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yeah scouts back to normal other than hair still trying to grow back

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yeah it said it will take a queen air mattress it's more two grown people 4 kids

7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Another 'pop up" tent I found fascinating - the "Shift Pod"

can be had here

cost is listed as $600. You get to pick, but they stand up to high winds and are a fav at Burning Man as they are much cooler in the sun.

Wind Test vid

Kudos to Bishop for starting the thread, nice to see different tents

Edit to add
    Other items these folks make

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

EVERY tent I've ever seen (and that is a LOT) overstate the number of sleepers. Two is One, One is maybe, and all gear has to be weather tight for storing other than in the tent.

9. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ozark Trails also makes a tent that attaches to your pop-up shelter.

We have one of these (tent, shelter and two 'side curtains') to act as a front porch to our VW camper.

Inexpensive, these are not Expedition grade tents. For weekend camping in the summer, not too bad....

ghrit likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A double walled tent does not have the problems single walled tents do , and has several advantages as well.
    Beyond the fact they do not tend to produce condensation in the inside.
    They , like a dual pane window do not transfer heat or cold the way a single wall does.
    Mine being rip stop nylon, black on one side and white on the other I can reverse it so the colors can serve my needs . If I want to be seen the white side is out , if I want stealth the black side is out. If I want to draw the sun's heat the black side is out , but if i need to reflect the sun's heat the white side is out.
    The bottom is a sleeve that fit's my inflatable mattress, and it is red so that if there is an emergency it can be used for signaling.
    Also there is not a silhouette neither from the inside out nor can one be seen inside even though a lamp is on.
    I use spring/shock cord polls and designed it in such a way that once rolled out I can get inside during a rain storm and not get wet putting it up .3-4 minuets + inflating the mattress . weight, Unknown Using shock corded polls I don't need to stake it to the ground or suspend it from trees .
    I give it several coatings of scotch guard and no leaks yet .
    Granted it's a one man tent meant for motorcycle trips , but enough space for me to stretch out and sit up and change clothes .
    Having no experience making tents I think I did well for my first .

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Bishop
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Bishop
    Thread

Air javelin

Just got this in and I am liking it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 18, 2021, 5 replies, in forum: Firearms
  5. Bishop
  6. TinyDreams
  7. Bishop