1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Installing a gun safe

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tyler Danann, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey

Note this isn't the 'right' way to do it in a 1st world country, but for the purposes of casual thieves common to the area it was installed more than sufficient.

I use expanding raw-plugs when the better way is using expanding masonry bolts and then the screws etc.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

Once upon a time I had one of these document safes that has a reasonable fire rating. It cost around $130. Burglars pried and or kicked in the back door of the house, using a couple of crowbars I had conveniently left available for them in the carport. They also used them to breach this fire safe with very little effort.
    The whole purpose of this post is to suggest a good fire rated high quality gun safe, and bolt that down to a concrete floor. jmho ..... it wouldn't hurt to conceal it in some way also.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Safes are not safes--a buds was gotten into with just a crow bar. All you can do is slow their entry by hiding or doubling the entry time. A bud put a "bra" around his controls with a shielded lock. Only way in would be with a torch. Inside he has a surprise--an opened gallon can of BP just sitting there waiting on a spark.
    Tyler Danann likes this.
  4. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary