Instant Coffee

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

For instant in a pinch coffee I always liked Sanka.

Hanzo likes this.
  2. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime!

[​IMG]

Hanzo and Brokor like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Great idea, Hanzo. I love coffee, it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, it messes with my arthritis, which I manage by pretending I am fine and drinking coffee when I shouldn't.

I drink a lot of tea, though. Way much caffeine indeed. [ghrit]

Hanzo, Ganado and Wild Trapper like this.
  4. Wild Trapper

I drink herbal tea to calm the affects of drinking coffee! :LOL:

5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

low acid thats the ticket or drink coffee with a meal or you get acid stomach. As I double up on serving I like my coffee where I cannot see the bottom of the cup. If I make coffee I like Community brand a bag of dark roast and one medium best to use a French press warn water over night in the fridge in the morning pour it up nuke it and it is so much less acidic it's like a whole other coffee works for any coffee brand.

I am not a connoisseur of anything I like what I like and thats how I live, It was not news when I found that wine connoisseurs were full of it that there is no pallet that can detect vintage but people can detect a vintner so all that jazz about on the north end of the winery in Duvalier 1927 is total garbage, the result was if you like it buy it drink it. Funny thing was most could not tell a box wine from a great wine from a mediocre year.

Coffee is significantly altered from it's soil so although the same species if grown in a differing climate altitude with a rainfall difference can make it altogether change it's characteristics. My old man believed that his coffee had to pour like a light oil it was more like Turkish except he drank that stuff by a standard cup most people diluted it with half or 3/4 water and it was still dark. when he drank liquor he drank Jim Beam in his coffee more Jim beam than coffee, I on the other hand before I stopped drinking decades ago drank 151 dark rum and was not particular what it was on over or in my other pick was Mezcal Tequila ( anëjo ) the real stuff out of Guerrero Mexico there are other regions but that has a special significance for me and it was great in coffee.

Hanzo and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Whatever I can find on sale!

Hanzo, 3M-TA3, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wild Trapper

[​IMG]

Hanzo, ochit and Oddcaliber like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Hanzo and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Wife and I are serious Coffee snobs, and we are currently booked on B.R.C.C. so, that's what we usually have, and we bulked up our stocks of it as well.
    For woods, I do the Turkish method of brewing, and that works very well. I always pack several oz. In a plastic pouch, and I have a small steel pot to brew with, I also adapted a strainer from an old loose leaf tea strainer th at keeps the grounds out, and were Good to Go! Alternately, a 16 oz Coors beer can also works quite well, and has its own strainer built in!

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

What kind of tea? I like tea too.

Brokor likes this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Bear told me about the mushroom mixes before. But I never tried it. Supposed to be healthy too right? Maybe that's why I never had it. Or because I like mushrooms. Just never had it in tea of coffee before.

12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Please explain Turkish method.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Turkish Brew Coffee! In a small'ish Metal container, Add your coffee grounds ( extra fine grind) to the bottom, fill with water and simmer over a low flame until liquid is just about to boil, remove from the flame and let sit for a few minutes. Poor entire contents into mug or just drink from the container and enjoy! The trick is to let the grounds sink to the bottom and stay there. After your done, the grounds stick to the bottom, ready for the next batch!
    The alternate is to use the soda/beer can trick, take a small knife blade and poke a few holes on the rim just inside the lip of the can on the oposit side of the opening, add a few spoon fulls of grounds and water to the top and let brew over a flame or other heat source. Just before it boils, pull and let it sit. then poor off through the holes which will prevent the grounds from getting out! Same idea, let it dry out with the grounds on the bottom and repeat next time.

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So you add new coffee grounds to the old on the bottom?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yes, for two or three times! After it just takes up room and the grounds don' add any thing!

Hanzo likes this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So Turkish is like cowboy coffee?

oldawg and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I guess you could say that, it all really comes alive with the particular beans and roasting style, I have found actual Turkish coffee to be the best, albeit super strong, but the Italian and, or Greek beans done up espresso style do quite nicely too. Arabica beans are the very best in my opinon! Serve with fresh cream and a raw sugar cube or two, and it's almost heaven in a cup! Lol

Gafarmboy and Hanzo like this.
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Just had my first cup of Ka'u coffee black. Will have my second cup with cream and some coconut sugar in your honor.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Ura-Ki likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Motomom34
  5. Hanzo
  6. Hanzo
  7. kellory
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary