Instant Coffee

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I usually don't do sugar unless I get an especially strong brew, and prefer a natural sweet like honey or raw cane sugar!
    Glad you likes it!

Capt. Tyree and Hanzo like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I still prefer black though.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That's Cool!

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Not instant, but I notice the Ka'u coffee is a lighter roast than the Kauai.

5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    If you are going to drink Maxwell House instant coffee, you should have a can of this on hand.

My dad (and FIL) would make a cuppa instant and dribble in this stuff. Oh, and the can was opened by punching a small hole (small and rectangular) with a screwdriver...- they both did this. Since they both served in the PTO and the PI I can assume it was something of a habit picked up while n the Army.

My Uncle served in the North Africa and ETO, he didn't add anything to his instant... After being released from hospital in the UK, he was transferred to the AAC to drive an airfield fire truck - so might be why he did enjoy a cup of Earl Gray with cream every so often.

For a while the MREs had the Tasters Choice FD for coffee, then the military went back to the nasty instant in the brown packet. I'd often wondered where the pot scraping would up...

Hanzo and Ganado like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Quilan China Oolong loose leaf is one of may favorites. Earl Grey loose leaf, Irish Breakfast loose leaf and in bags also. The only green tea I drink is loose leaf. I usually buy Davidson's organic bulk teas from Amazon if you're interested. :)

Hanzo likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Strong Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk is great! Especially iced.

Gafarmboy, DKR and Brokor like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Ducky from NCIS once told Gibbs who was drinking tea from a tea bag that he was not drinking tea, but tea powder. Loose leaf is better.

Brokor likes this.
  9. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Have to laugh. This discussion reminds me of my dad talking about Arthur Godfrey talking about Lipton Tea Bags when they first came out...evidently he said "Just pop 'em in your mouth and add boiling water." Now of days, of course, somebody would lawyer up and claim that they followed his instructions.

Here is a coffee that is in my survival pantry: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGMRPAG/?tag=survivalmonke-20

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I store both tea and coffee, but I have to get some instant coffee added to my preps ,I just never think of it while shopping .

Ganado likes this.
  11. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

An here I thought I was the only one on Earth to make the connection between too much caffeine & arthritis aching worse! As everyone I've ever mentioned it to acted surprised as hell!!

Brokor likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Think I'm going to try Black Rifle next. Anybody had it?

13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yes and in strengths to suit any manly man. :LOL: Haven't hit a bad flavor yet either. Coffee or die dark roast is my favorite and Murdered out dark might overcome the taste of eating bait for breakfast.[coffee2]

Hanzo likes this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Thanks @oldawg.

15. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Well I finally tried the Hagen, not bad for instant, it's now in my GHB and Go Bag.

Hanzo likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Motomom34
  5. Hanzo
  6. Hanzo
  7. kellory
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7