Interesting Product

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1563717/pistol_stabilizer.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>
    Pistol Stabilizer - Click here for more free videos

2. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

It looks like a way to created a short barreled rifle in just seconds.

Would there be a market for such a product?

3. snuffysmith

snuffysmith Monkey+++ Founding Member

That is interesting, I could see that going into a BOB, wish I could shoot as well as that guy. lol

Snuffy

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

hmm, I may be wrong, but if you have that and put it on your pistol without the necessary "tax stamp" wouldn't that be just a tad illegal?

Cool? yes, but I don't want to do anytime in club fed for something "cool"

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Minus the stock, would make it an AOW, with the stock it is still and SBR, legally requiring a tax stamp for civi's.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Tis interesting

8. toemag

toemag Monkey++

That is neat, probably even better than the Bubbits stock that I own for my Glock 17.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tony

9. Seacowboys

I am curious as to why a short shotgun such as the serbu is an AOW with a five dollar tax but a SBR is always a SBR? The tax on a sawed-off shotgun is $200.00 but if it were manufactured as a short-gun like the Serbu, it is only a $5.00 tax, so why are SBRs that were manufactured as SBRs such as a stripped receiver with a 10.5 inch upper. require a $200.00 tax?

10. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

AOW's still require a $200 tax to MAKE, but for 'Some reason' the transfer tax is $5.

There was still a $200 tax in there somewhere. (Reflected in the price)

11. Seacowboys

I actually got a chance to look one of these over this weekend and was surprised at the simplicity. It basically just receivers the picatinny rail under the barrel as the attachment point, the pistol-grip magazine holder attaches to another picatinny rail and the stock just unfolds. Be pretty easy to whip these out in a little mom and pop machine shop.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7