Interesting site and perspective

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Jun 28, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550103904/m/5471026821/p/1

Posted 01 May 2006 04:58 AM
    Catshooter,
    I see an average of 8.2 autopsies per day/365 days per year, and I can tell you that when the chips are down, there's nothing that beats a 12-gauge. As for handguns, the name of the game is not only shot placement but how a properly-placed bullet acts once it gets there. I've seen folks killed by a bb to the eye and others survive after being hit by several well-placed rounds with a 9mm.

As for me, I'll take a slow-moving .45 to a gun fight any day. I absolutely despise a 9mm for defensive situations (yes, they will eventually kill but often not quickly enough to prevent the BG from doing you in first)and a .380 as well. These are probably the two calibers I see most often on the autopsy table.

But then, I've seen most everything. I've seen a guy killed by a .416 Rigby, as well as a suicide to the head with a .44 Mag that didn't penetrate the skull on the other side.

The long and short of it is that you just don't know how ANY bullet will react to tissue and bone until you open them up and take a look. I've seen hardball fragment and hollowpoints act just like hardball. That said, shoot what you're comfortable with and place your shots well whatever caliber you use.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

3. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

there's nothing that beats a 12-gauge

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7