Interesting web site...

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Witch Doctor 01, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

The Humble Bee web site located below has a wide range of salves, tincture, and lotion recipes you can make:
    Humblebee & Me - Humblebee & Me

Some of particular interest include: White tiger balm, Bandit oil/balm (her version of the old style Thieves Oil now trade marked by a competitor) red tiger balm, burn & blister salve, and Soothing Sunburn Lotion to name a few...
    it's worth a look

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Marck, Hanzo, Bear and 4 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What a great find @Witch Doctor 01 I like being able to make my own potions.

chelloveck and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A nice find, and an interesting web site with recipes for making home-made lotions, balms and other concoctions that might not be commercially available after "lights out".

I was particularly intrigued by the site's recipe for..."Healing Herbal Hemp & Shea Lotion". Healing Herbal Hemp & Shea Lotion - Humblebee & Me
    I can imagine the following conversation...."Officer, I can see that your drug sniffer dog is going nuts at me....I assure you officer...I'm not carrying any spliff on my person...your dog just seems to be attracted to the home made Healing Herbal Hemp and Shea Lotion that I'm wearing."

[​IMG]

upload_2016-2-1_11-51-4.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I really like Hemp lotion. I use it often. It doesn't smell like pot. Mine smells like the beach. It is good stuff

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  5. saltbush

saltbush Monkey

Thanks for the link, Witch Doctor 01! I started making my own salves decades ago so I could use them on my animals too but I'm only getting started making things just for myself and Humblebee has some good ideas.
    Now, I've never cooked up anything with hemp oil or shea butter but that's just because they were too hard to get, for anyone living way out in the sticks, and too expensive for regular use - which means heavy use here in the Southwest because it's so dry and windy. I've relied mostly on olive oil, coconut oil and a little jojoba oil - to help with absorption. Lard, too, can be used in a pinch.

Witch Doctor 01 and Motomom34 like this.
  1. hot diggity
  2. Meat
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Benjamin A. Wood
  5. HK_User
  6. The_Prepared
  7. Bishop
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. hot diggity