Internet Forums: How To Infiltrate, Exploit And Control Them

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Silversnake, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

On the initial link, from the bottom where there are 17 techniques of truth suppression

I believe this is an oft used tactic.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

My $0.02....

The forum:
    I don't like lurkers......they just gain information and contribute nothing back to the community. I would be all for closing all forums to non-members except for Welcome. It's not as if it costs you anything but time to register.

I would purge any user who signed up, but has not made more than 10 posts on day 366 of their membership. They're not an active contributor.

Infiltration:
    I'm suspicious of any new member. Especially ones that post a lot...but their posts aren't substantive (e.g., "LOL, that's funny," "Great idea," "I'll have to try that!").

I believe the .gov prions think we're stupid...therefore, they're not going to spend a lot of time at first seeing what they can get. Some members will show their hand up-front requiring no work from Agent Smith or his minions. So, they will post a lot of junk to make their avatar known...their presence familiar, then, they will start with more personal questions: "What do you do?" "Where do you work...a bank?"

The one thing that's either missing from all of their posts is their opinions about issues. If they do post one, it will be short and gimmicky--something you can find on a bumper sticker. You can tell from a well thought out post what is boilerplate vs. a response tailored to the subject at hand. While this will reveal the many posters ideological values...it should be obvious that a site like this is not liberal, but conservative/libertarian in nature. So, it's not a stretch to assume that from the get-go.

A smart prion will take more time. Learn about people...develop a mental dossier on members. With that, you will know who's a LEO, been in the service, prone to conspiracy, needs ego stroking, the nay-sayer, the young brave needing to prove himself, etc. You will have to mentally become the typical Tea Partier, or Jeffersonian Constitutionalist, and be a member of the "gun culture," regardless of your true ideology. They will have read all of the "manifestos" of preppers and call on that information in their posts. Otherwise, the prion just won't fit it...they'll make other members uncomfortable and they will scatter. A smart prion is patient and you don't know they're here because they're always here and you're comfortable around them. The impatient ones stick out with a bright pink glow around their avatar and try way too hard to fit in.

The prion may develop more than one account and the two might support each other in posts, or, the newer one may say something inflammatory to a well-known member and older prion will quickly come to their defense.

[pop]

Brokor likes this.
  3. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

Normally long winded posts I just avoid or read a line or two then scan to the next reply but, not this time. I believe that your intent was to put your two cents in but, the forum got a bonus. While I do not agree with everything that you have said there is much truth in your words.

Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome. FTM/PTB

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7