Intrasquad bluetooth

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by bumpshadow, Mar 20, 2017.

1. bumpshadow

bumpshadow Monkey

Does anyone know of an encrypted bluetooth intercom system for intra-squad radio? I know you can get ones for motorcycles all day long, but I'm not sure those are encrypted.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The salvage company I used to work for just lifted an abandoned oil platform beneath a barge with 14 chain pullers, towed it to deep sea and cut the chains simultaneously using an encrypted Bluetooth to actuate the cutters. I would have preferred explosives because mechanical cutters tend to be pretty sensitive to sync, but apparently their engineers worked it out and put it to use. I will talk to their tech guy when he gets back to the States; he likes to drink my whiskey.

3. Texas Monkey

Texas Monkey Monkey++

It is not encrypted but the app firechat works between cell phones, text only,

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You could use, either FaceTime, or Message, from Apple on your iPhone, and a Bluetooth Earwig to connect the Audio to the iPhones, then use the built-in WiFi to connect the two iPhones, together... Both Apps use End to End Encrytion, and if you choose, you could use the DATA Bandwidth, to connect the two iPhones together, should you need more range, than WiFi gives you, and you are in a Cellular Coverage Area... Also the coming BearTooth Device would give one, similar Off-Network Connectivity....

Seacowboys likes this.
  5. bumpshadow

bumpshadow Monkey

I've considered all of those idea's. And I am looking forward to beartooth, but I was looking for a niche com system. FireChat is out because no encryption, and IPhones are to expensive. I was hoping for a inexpensive, encrypted com system with maybe a few hundred foot range. The idea is that the coverage area is so low that it is effectively invisible. Then use another from of communication to call-out. Or maybe that is a naive hope that any radio comm would be invisible.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If that range is what you are looking for, forget BlueTooth.... It was designed for 30Ft Range which in reality might be doubled at a Maximum of 60 feet, under ideal conditions.... You will be stuck with WiFi, or maybe something on one of the License Free Bands...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7