Introducng my books

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by DKR, Nov 2, 2011.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Thought I would stop by and introduce my new series - the World of the Chërnyi.

There are two books now out, First Strike and Going Home. The books are a new or at least a different take on the classic "End of the world as we know it today" theme.

Featuring strong characters and realistic problems likely faced in a post-disaster world, follow the players as they try to find their place in a new world - the World of the Chërnyi.

The site World of the Chërnyi has sample chapters and links to Amazon where the books may be found.

Thanks!
    DKR

2. DKR

And so -

Looks like a good number of folks have stopped by.

Those that looked - what did you think of the samples? Either the ones on Amazon or the website?

Would be interested in knowing your thoughts/feedback.

Thanks!

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think you would get some more response if you posted your sample chapters here so that people could read them and comment.

Just a thought.

Welcome

4. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

My mobile wont go further than the main page,so I guess I'm out of luck!
    Matt

5. GeneC

GeneC Monkey+

Honestly? When I read, I like the story to grab me and take right off, briefly setting up the plot and characters and then fleshing out later, on the fly, so to speak.......IMO, the stories are painfully slow getting started.....after the first chapter, I still don't know what's going on or where the story is going.

6. DKR

Thanks. The link to the "World of the Cheryni" site has the samples, the site is ad free, it serves only to show samples - and if you are interested, a link to Amazon sales site. I gain nothing from click through.

I thought the board limited such things - is direct posting allowed?

If yes, I can drop some text on the board...

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There's no problem with dropping teasers. We have no wish to compromise copyrights in any way, shape or form. If you own the copyright, you can post as much of your own work as you wish.

See also - http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum...ey-com-dmca-compliance-policy.html#post134106

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Lots of folks Drop a Chapter or two here, to see how they Play......

9. DKR

Thanks for the feedback...

May I assume you read just the sample chapters for both books?

Sorry to hear you found them slow starting.

Massive storm, young girl dies saving her grandfather, and you meet most of the players for the series - and 'see' a big chunk of the moon disappear.

I guess that could sound pretty slow - can you share an example of a book you did enjoy? What was it about the opening you did find enjoyable?

Thanks again, it is hard to improve one's writing without feedback...

I appreciate your time to comment.

10. DKR

Chapter One, World of the Chernyi: First Strike

I remove samples after a time to protect my copyright.

Cephus and Sapper John like this.
  11. DKR

Note on the format

The board won't take my indentations for some reason, so I have just used spaces to seperate the paragraphs.

If it is difficult to read, you can go to the World of the Chernyi website or the Amazon book site.

Thanks for understanding.

DKR/dkr

12. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

It's a good read,DKR...I enjoyed it !

13. DKR

You are most kind

Thank you taking the time to post a comment. Would you care to share why you found the sample to be a good read? As before, feedback is critical to improve writing.

FWIW, The first book has a focus on Lt Drake, Nora and Steve.

In book two, the story follows Jake "The Snake" as he, and his family, deal with the aftermath of the Chernyi strike. It has quite a bit more 'action'.

Thanks again.

14. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I feel that the story picked up pretty quickly and maintained it's rhythm throughout...My only critical point would be some of the colloquialisms that one would expect to find in the United Kingdom...Other than that, I would like to see more of your work!

15. DKR

Thank you.

I put Lt Drake of the RAF in as a deliberate point, as well as the use of "Brit-isms" - the books are targeted for sale in the EU as well.

I have enjoyed some sales in Europe, but haven't found a good venue to introduce the works there as yet.

Most folks in the US have been exposed to the more common phrases, and I felt it would help EU based readers to identify with the story.

I appreciate your time in posting the follow up comments.

16. DKR

Price dropped for the holidays

sale over

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7