iodine in Oregon

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Sudafed . . . now this. Pre-cursor . . . registration . . . ID. You don't have to show an ID to vote, but to buy iodine?????? WTH?

Isn't this the same as the gun debate. Some jerks improperly use something, then politicians go overboard, which makes the law-abiding pay the price of decreased availability.

Iodine Madness! Oregon's Pre-Crime Law | Farm Wars

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I'll make some calls tomorrow, I mean today, to see if this is true or BS.

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Yet another reason we need to unload that NW corner of the state to Washington...maybe we could work a trade for eastern WA.

Moatengator and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

1. and add north Idaho :D

Moatengator likes this.
  5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Meth heads use the hell out of it. SOB's!!!!!
    Hopefully they start using Democrap/ liberal DNA and Oregon makes them Illegal .biglaff

bebop likes this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

High enough concentration iodine is regulated by the feds. I think it can be made into illegal drugs or something like that.

7. Mountainman

It's true. Called a local feed store and you have to fill out a form with you name, address and DL number and then they verify your DL info to what you put on the form. Don't know where the person that wrote the article can up with the vehicle registration requirement. I'd hate to be someone that has frequent purchases for legitimate uses and then have LEO's trying to figure out if they need to raid your place or not.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Good to purify water and put on cuts. I prefer Betadine for injuries. Does not "burn" tissue like alcohol.

9. Mountainman

That sounds like a great plan. Sorry Tracy and Colt, your going to have to move south of Eugene.

You forgot one little area just north of the Commiefornia border that should be given to them. No trade needed, just take it.

kellory and BTPost like this.
  10. Pax Mentis

MM...did you notice that Meddy now has a Trader Joe's? A sure sign that the liberal enclave around Assland and Jacksonville is spreading.

11. Mountainman

Went there once, looked at everything and purchased nothing. Used to go to TJ's years ago and they actually had things there that I would buy.

12. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

So what's with the iodine? Are they afraid that we'll protect ourselves from the radiation in the food? I mean, come on, guys! What can you make out of iodine, for goodness' sake?

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is a PreCurser in the formulation of Methanphetamine, and therefor on the Restricted Substance List in some States. Iodine is a very common chemical, used in formulation, due to its activity in such reactions. ....

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Iodine does really nothing in the way of protection against radiation. What it does, in effect, is saturate the thyroid with non radioactive iodine so that the radioactive isotopes found in fallout are rejected in the normal human waste stream. It has to be ingested prior to exposure, meaning you gotta know the cloud is headed your way.

KAS, ColtCarbine and BTPost like this.
  15. Pax Mentis

Hadn't notived this post before MM...

Once upon a time I lived in a high rise on the edge of the hills in Hollyweird (hard to believe isn't it) and shopped regularly at the original TJ's. My dinner most nights was their incredible Chateubriand grilled on my deck overlooking H'wood Blvd...that really WAS a whole different me :oops:

16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Washington does not need any more of them wacko's we have enough of our own problems up here to take on yours thank you..... [banghead]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7